2 questions

Guest silverbullet

Guest silverbullet
i have 2 questions on my 92 grand prix...my fuel pressure gauge is reading really high...what would cause this? and how can i fix it? and whats the best way to fix a trunk leak?

Guest stevil
Originally posted by silverbullet:

i have 2 questions on my 92 grand prix...my fuel pressure gauge is reading really high...what would cause this? and how can i fix it? and whats the best way to fix a trunk leak?

A '92 Grand Prix has a FP gauge? Didn't you just buy that? I'm guessing it's aftermarket... how do you know what's high for that car, maybe it's supposed to be 60psi, or whatever number you're reading.

Where is the trunk leaking? in the bottom area? From rust? Or like the weather stripping around the trunk?

i am not sure if you have a return line (i think you do) if the regulator is bad, it could be not returning any fuel, letting your fuel pressure rise.

for the trunk seal, try jc whiteny, they have all sorts of weather striping and seals by the foot for prety cheap

Guest silverbullet
yes it has a fuel pressure gauge and it is stock...the leak is somewhere around where the hatch opens...new weather stripping is prolly the best thought tho

Guest silverbullet
i found the trunk leak its coming from 2 seams in the trunk next to the weather stripping...should it be welded to properly fix the leak...or should i try to putty/bando the seams together?

Guest White Horse
I have some spray on sealer that I have used for that exact application. (leaking trunk seams) I think it is meant for sealing pipe seams, but it works great. Buy some or PM me and I can hook you up. Or you might try any waterproof sealing compound. Hell, automotive Goop might even do the trick, at least for a while. (Paint would probably work for that matter.)