BOV help

Guest AudiRacerXX

Guest AudiRacerXX
I bought a new blow off valve for my 2000 audi a4 1.8t and my engine stalls when i slow down because my rpms get to low. I think its cause it vents to atmosphere. I was just wondering if you guys knew anything to help it or a good technique to keep pressing the gas until it idles and breaking at the same time.... The thing is is that when i slow down i keep tapping the gas and then it will settle down and idle like normal.

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by fush:

Move the blow off valve before the maf. This should correct the problem. Either that or you need to recircuilate it back into the intake stream.

Im guessing audi use a blowthrough style maf?

Now that I think about it thats not possible. The maf is preturbo so that wont help at all. The only way to fix that issue is to recirculate the box back into the intake stream after the maf. Its been a common problem with people trying to use a bov on a 1.8T with stock management.

-jeff

Guest mudbutt
If it is turbo xs, it may not be tight enough. Even with all of the stack washers, we had to use another $1.75 in quarters to get it tight enough in slow240s car not to leak vaccume.

A. Check to see if the valve is leaking.

B. Buy a vent kit, and run it back into the plumbing so it isn't venting to atmosphere.

OR

C. Run it in parallel with the stock BOV. This is what I did to prevent stalling issues. Stock BOV vents at lower preasure, aftermarket makes loud cool noises under high preasure.