LS1 MTI X1 cam

Sam1647545489

Originally posted by CR's King of Racing C5:

Ok I am a retard. I gave you the wrong specs. It is

230/227 .591/.571 112LSA

I thought the X1 was bigger than what you posted ;)

Still shouldn't have any problems. The LGM G5x2 is bigger than that and people are putting then in with no problems graemlins/thumb.gif

I think though with the nitrous you're going to want a bigger exhaust side, maybe something along the lines of a Texas Speed 25-231237 TSP Custom 231/237 Cam: 231/237, .598"/.595", 112 LSA. I bet that thing would make you fly graemlins/burnout02.gif

Might also want to look into headers to really get some power out of that cam. Longtubes rule graemlins/thumb.gif

Nope, the X1 doesn't require flycutting. I would, however, recommend an LS6 intake and if you have the cash, head work to really wake up that cam due to the high lift. And of course it goes without saying that your intake and exhaust flowing as freely as possible helps. smile.gif

Well this is the cam I am thinking on goin with. I also am getting some new stage 2 heads alone with them. I plan on doin the headers also. This all will done in the winter. Just getting all info I can before purchasing. I want to purchase all the right things the first time around. smile.gif

Originally posted by CR's King of Racing C5:

Well this is the cam I am thinking on goin with. I also am getting some new stage 2 heads alone with them. I plan on doin the headers also. This all will done in the winter. Just getting all info I can before purchasing. I want to purchase all the right things the first time around. smile.gif

What "Stage II" heads?? Remember, that is nothing but marketing BS, and there are some insane differences between "Stage II" heads between some head porters.

Whoever did Adam Darron's heads obviously did a pretty decent job. I know a guy that is know for some very good LT1/LS1 head work I can put you in contact with. Will take a while to get them, his heads are usually on a couple month backorder....the kind of guy that would much rather not sell to you than put out a less that supreme product.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Whoever did Adam Darron's heads obviously did a pretty decent job.

Absolute Speed did Adam's and John's heads, I'm sure they'de recommend them to anybody smile.gif

And Joe was I correct in saying that a cam with a bigger exhaust side is better for the nitrous?

I had Adam Daron and Ryan Stith do the install. $300 for all the stuff I had going in, all cam related mods. They have the tools and can get it done right graemlins/thumb.gif

Just go to Texas Speed's website, then LS1 F-body, then Engine, and it's somewhere around the bottom. Looks like it's on Sale right now for $350 smile.gif

Also on top of the mods you're going to need LS1 edit to tune for a large cam. My car barely ran when we installed the cam. Now I'm still trying to tune it to start up without stalling. Hopefully I'll have some things figured out that I can share with you when I finish my tuning :D

Us A4 guys have to stick together :cool:

thats a big cam. i think Adam has a big cam also, not sure how big. but i think my 224/224-114 .561 is big enough.

i dont think rockers would help you out enough to be worth the cost.

i think with nitrous you would want to use a standard split cam like a 229/232-112 or something around there.

Ok, rockers are a no no unless you are keeping the stock cam. Even then they are a waste of money. With the X1 you don't need to fly cut the pistons but like I told you before I would go more exhaust duration and lift and a 114 LSA for the juice and the auto. Putting the cam in a vette is a bitch because you have to remove the steering rack to get the pulley off. After that it shouldn’t be too bad, just don't move the steering wheel. :D

My heads are from Absolute Speed and the came is the Thunder Racing TR 230. Hopefully I'll have more power soon. :D

Originally posted by 99 TA:

Ok, rockers are a no no unless you are keeping the stock cam. Even then they are a waste of money. With the X1 you don't need to fly cut the pistons but like I told you before I would go more exhaust duration and lift and a 114 LSA for the juice and the auto. Putting the cam in a vette is a bitch because you have to remove the steering rack to get the pulley off. After that it shouldn’t be too bad, just don't move the steering wheel. :D

My heads are from Absolute Speed and the came is the Thunder Racing TR 230. Hopefully I'll have more power soon. :D

My car is his twin. :D That will be a monster cam but will hurt your driveability in the city IMO.

That cam isn't that big.

My TR230/224 is similar. 230/224 .575/.563 110LSA

The 110LSA is a BITCH in an auto though. ~114 is more tolerable with an Auto trans. Usually when you spray, people tend to lean toward more exhaust duration.

I've recently had my eye on the new TR cam. 236/230 .599/.575 112LSA :eek: But then again, I'm a sucker for punishment since I have a 110LSA and an Auto now, and the tuning is still not right!

Ack, you folks and your "monster cams."

My CC306: 230/244, .510/.540, 112 LSA (remember, the lift is for 1.5 rockers, and I have 1.6, so it's significantly higher). IMO I think its a pretty tame cam, very streetable. Great for a manual or a higher than stock stalled auto.

I am actually starting to regret just not going w/ a full solid roller. Sure you gotta adjust the lash every 3-8k miles, but that and the cost of lifters are the only big downsides IMO, and otherwise making a bigger chunk of power with some hogged out heads and reving pretty high.

I wish my cam was bigger, and many people think it's big. Does lope quite nicely at the stock idle.

• 2 weeks later...

If your getting heads, then you might want to want and do it all at once, a lot easier IMHO.

I also have Absolute Speeds Stg 2 heads and like them a lot. On LS1tech.com, they are having a group purchase, save 10%! Just tell him what cam your going with and if you boost or spray.

Your gonna need LS1 Edit too. Go in with 3 other guys and the cost will be $275 a person, F-Body and or C5's. I've been learning LS1 Edit on how to properly tune LS1's, so maybe I could help you out down the road.

Your gonna need LS1 Edit too. Go in with 3 other guys and the cost will be $275 a person, F-Body and or C5's. I've been learning LS1 Edit on how to properly tune LS1's, so maybe I could help you out down the road.
What logging software you use bill? I'll also send ya a PM on COFBA.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Ack, you folks and your "monster cams."

My CC306: 230/244, .510/.540, 112 LSA (remember, the lift is for 1.5 rockers, and I have 1.6, so it's significantly higher). IMO I think its a pretty tame cam, very streetable. Great for a manual or a higher than stock stalled auto.

I am actually starting to regret just not going w/ a full solid roller. Sure you gotta adjust the lash every 3-8k miles, but that and the cost of lifters are the only big downsides IMO, and otherwise making a bigger chunk of power with some hogged out heads and reving pretty high.

I wish my cam was bigger, and many people think it's big. Does lope quite nicely at the stock idle.

I have the same setup as Joe.... it's very streetable..... the cam specs are 230 / 244, .544 / .576 112 LSA with 1.6

Originally posted by Billiumss:

C5Sam

I'll go in with you on the LS1edit if you decide to do that. Let me know on COFBA, I'm mitch over there too.