nitrous install, fuel t leaking

Guest crx34

This is doggunracing, looking at the CRX while Alex is on the road. He really needs to get this fixed to go to Nelson Ledges tomorrow. He's not using the nitrous, but the fuel line 't' won't seal. He cut the stock fuel line in the middle for the nitrous line 't' and put screw-type clamps on the hose on both sides of the 't'. He thought it was leaking through the threads, and put sealant on them. This didn't help, and it's leaking pretty badly. Any ideas, or better yet, volunteers?

I hope your not talking about cutting a metal fuel line, slipping some rubber hose over it, and using hose clamps. If it's fuel injected there will be to much pressure, If it's carbuerated all you need to do is remove the hose and double flare the metal line. I have a double flare kit your welcome to borrow.

if its leaking through the threads get a new t at jegs there cheep.. because that t fitting should be partly aluminum and shouldnt need any sealent, if the new one dosnt work wrap the threads on tephlon tape. thats all i could think of to help.... wet or dry kit?

It's rubber hose, cut, and hose clamped onto the aluminum 't'. It's a fuel injected b16 in a crx. So, is there too much pressure? If so, what needs to change, the fittings, new fuel line?

Originally posted by crx34:

It's rubber hose, cut, and hose clamped onto the aluminum 't'. It's a fuel injected b16 in a crx. So, is there too much pressure? If so, what needs to change, the fittings, new fuel line?

Screw style clamps + high pressure lines don't mix. Invest in compression fittings. No idea style or quantity your application needs. Did he get by with this set up for a while with no leaks?

Went to JEGS and they had what I needed, thank god! I ened up getting a fuel pressure gauge adapter, the fittings for the fuel line are flared and smooth, and the fuel for the nitrous taps right in. smile.gif So it looks like its on for tommorrow!!! graemlins/bubbrubb.gif

Thanks for the input!