clutches

supldys

what brand of clutches do you guys like?

im in need of one, and i get very mixed suggestions, relvinnian said DO NOT get a centerforce, but when asking jaime (coldsm prez) he said hes never heard of anyone having a problem.

so Im kind of stuck, I wish the act would come out but its taking forever and a day.

so any suggestions, thanks

-Jono

I would definetely not get a centerforce from my experience with them. I have one in my car now and it didnt last for shit. It was the centerforce dual friction one. I am gettin a act for mine. I have heard lots of good about them. When we get our clutches done, how bout a rematch?

yeah i dump a bit high, right around 5k, i know the stock clutch didnt like that at all.

It would take it but slipped bad too.

Well the ACT is still under development, its in testing right now.

they're basing it off of the DSM clutch, being a smaller clutch but needing to handle a lot of power and strain. Unfortunately they cant get it to hold very well, which I really dont think will take that much longer, but no word of it out yet.

I do really really want an ACT but if its not made when my "other stuff" goes in im going to need something else.

-Jono

Guest relvinnian
I LOVE my new ACT 6-puck. I will never go without a puck clutch again, never! smile.gif It engages very soon and has a very small room for slipping the clutch (think about it, more like skipping ;)). I hate how people complain about how shit isn't "streetable". I'm running a flywheel that's 11 lbs lighter than stock and a 6-puck and I freakin love the way it feels smile.gif