Rusted Bolts

integranator

Hey, I just purchased a new exhaust system, and when i go to put the new exhaust on, i'm wondering what i should do if i encounter rusted bolts? Is there something i can buy so i can get them off? also its a 98, so what are the chances i could come across rusted bolts?? thanx alot

aj

Well that is a 4 year old car so I'd say rusted bolts in this area would be expected. Gotta love salty winters :D

I would soak them with some pb blaster or something of the like and if that doesn't work cut them then get new ones smile.gif

[ 07 February 2002: Message edited by: GRN96WS6 ]

Guest relvinnian
Buy PB Blaster, and spray down all the bolts thoroughly. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes (longer, and with repeated application if the rust is really bad). You can't be too cautious with exhaust work, because rounding off a bolt really SUCKS ;).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by relvinnian:

Buy PB Blaster, and spray down all the bolts thoroughly. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes (longer, and with repeated application if the rust is really bad). You can't be too cautious with exhaust work, because rounding off a bolt really SUCKS ;).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you know from experience :Dtongue.gif:cool:

Guest relvinnian

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GRN96WS6:

Sounds like you know from experience :Dtongue.gif:cool:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right. It was on my integra too.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Thanx alot guys, now PB, is that an abbreviation (excuse me being a moron), but thanx alot!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No it's actually called PB Blaster

Yeah its a funky looking can, you'll find it where you find WD-40, Liquid Wrench, and the like, very good stuff. Also if you have to cut the bolts make sure that they are studs and not screws, like we did, and if it comes to that a drill and Titanium bits will be you new best friend! (spoken from a bitch of an expeirience!

or you could be like me and use PB Blaster and still snap 3 bolts (maybe air wrenches aren't god?) :D oh yea we had to use the torch too, i would've been screwed if i was doin it at home instead of the dealer i was workin at the time