'90 accord 2door lx help

Guest 90accordman

Guest flyry110

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 90accordman:

I have a '90 2 door accord LX and would like to replace the engine. I have grown up replacing same type engines but never put an engine in that was not the same. I would like to put a newer and more powerful engine in. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can put in it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

woah woah!!!! ok, i'm not advertising, but my buddy has an engine out of a 93 SE auto in his 90 4door. it will fit in your car. he's converted it over to fit his 5spd so it comes with clutch, flywheel, engine, ecu, tranny, everything you'd need. let me know if you're interested. prolly like 400ish? i'm guessin. anyway, he dropped a JDM H22 turboed engine in it now. . . . let me know if you're interested flyry110@hotmail.com or flyry110 on aim

600 for the engine and the tranny is a good price even if u don't need the tranny u should get it, if u want i'll help you with the swap.

as for ur friend with the turbo h22 i woudln't mind talking to him bout some car stuff i need answered :D

Guest flyry110

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by accorddood:

600 for the engine and the tranny is a good price even if u don't need the tranny u should get it, if u want i'll help you with the swap.

as for ur friend with the turbo h22 i woudln't mind talking to him bout some car stuff i need answered :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hit me up on aim flyry110

• 1 month later...
i have a 91 accord dx...yeah i know they're old and only have 125 hp's which is why i've been looking into the engine swap idea myself. the engines that i have found that would work are as mentioned before the H22A, and even the B16, however, if you check on ebay you can usually find an jspec H22A with i believe 220 hp with the tranny and ecu for around 3,000. another possible swap is the B18C5 which is the integra type r engine i believe from japan. it has an hp rating of about 200. and from what i understand, HKS is coming out with a twin charger system for it so you'd be able to get a supercharger and a turbo in the same package. another option is to go for the spoon sports integra engine, but i haven't checked the price on that one yet. good luck bro on that engine swap!

Originally posted by tr0s:

i have a 91 accord dx...yeah i know they're old and only have 125 hp's which is why i've been looking into the engine swap idea myself. the engines that i have found that would work are as mentioned before the H22A, and even the B16, however, if you check on ebay you can usually find an jspec H22A with i believe 220 hp with the tranny and ecu for around 3,000. another possible swap is the B18C5 which is the integra type r engine i believe from japan. it has an hp rating of about 200. and from what i understand, HKS is coming out with a twin charger system for it so you'd be able to get a supercharger and a turbo in the same package. another option is to go for the spoon sports integra engine, but i haven't checked the price on that one yet. good luck bro on that engine swap!

the integra engine is a bit harder os a swap from waht i've hear also not enough torque to haul the heavy accords ass around. if anything do h23(for turbo) or h22 if ur going all motor set up.

the h22 USDM is 2,300 dollars at www.accordclub.com and thats EVERYTHING Tranny, engine, ECU, mounts, blah blah blahhhhh all u need is the car tongue.gif . JDM might be couple hundred more, very much worth the money.