5.0 aod to T-5

stolen 5.0

• 2 weeks later...
never again do i want to pull out the steering column out of a 5.0 again to do a damn t-5 swap. 7 hours it took. puttin the tranny in tomm. it's an auto yet, the clutch must be pushed in to start it. instead of pushin down the brake pedal to get the brake lights to come on, you have to pull the pedal up a little bit. lol.... kinda fucked up. steering colums sags a little even though tightly in place. and the BBK quadrant assembly blows ass!!!!! had to use stock. zip ties came in handy. we also had many small bolts and screws left. graemlins/gives.gif

I had the same problem...it took me 5 min's to fix it. You don't need no stinkin starter button :rolleyes: You need to make a jumper wire about 3 inches long with males spade connectors on each end. Plug the jumper into harness. It's trial and error since there are 4 connectors, unless you have access to a wiring diagram. It's the neutral safety switch you're looking for. Let me know if you need help.

BC

Originally posted by Super Saturn:

yes, it's the neutral safety switch, just hot wire the starter solinoid and install a starter button. it's really easy, we had to do this when we installed a c-6 in my friends 88lx 5.0

you talk out of your ass a lot dont you?

Just jump the NSS on the tranny, solder the 2 wires together.