Converter lockup

The Pikey

I have been having a problem with my Typhoon, and I was hoping someone could give me some answers.

When I go WOT, the truck accelerates hard...then it falls on it's face at 60mph. I have a Continental 3000 stall in the truck now. I was told it was a lockup converter, but to be honest I don't know what to look for, or how the truck should respond when a converter locks up.

The truck does have a DFI computer. Which supposedly can controls this. Can you add a lockup swith to a non lockup converter?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I'm trying to sell it, but can't until I figure this problem out first.

Scott

peace

Guest 1bad66duece
the lock-up switch tell`s the converter when to go into lock-up,the lock-up clutch is inside the converter,most performace chips go directly into lock-up at WOT,are you sure its a lock-up problem? how is you fuel pressure under a load?you can get a scantool and it will tell you when your computer is in lock-up,and if you have a non l-u converter a l-u swithch has to be removed.call me at my transmission shop during weekday hours for a better describtion 614-875-7633 ask for erv

Thanks for the response. I don't have a FP regulator guage. But When the laptop is hooked up to it, it shows 02 readings in the high 8s and low 900s.

It's probably something you need to be in the truck to feel, and understand a little better.

Free rides smile.gif

Scott

Peace

You cant make a non lockup converter lockup. If it falling on its face at 60mph and you are thinking the converter in not locking up, it would be just the opposite. When the converter locks up it is a 1:1 ratio which would cause the vehicle to fall on its face. Without enough horsepower it is hard for the engine to pull the load, but at 60mph you really shouldnt have any issues....