LS1 MAF questions

Baluchitherium4

I descreened my MAF when I first got my car. On the dyno, the car was a little lean(13.4-13.6) in the upper RPM's. I want to put a screen back in to see if this helps. Anthony offered to let me borrow his LT1 MAF ends so I can swap them out.

Can someone explain to me how this is done? I'm new to the LS1 so be gentle. ;)

Also, if I wanted to purchase a new MAF with the screen or the LT1 setup, what can I expect to spend? Also, where would be a good place to buy the items?

I also posted this at COFBA, but I may get a little more exposure here.

Thanks in advance,

Dale

Yep removing the screen on the later models has been known to lean the cars out a little. Look on ls1.com or ls1tech.com in the for sale section. Someone usually has one for sale there. As far as trying Anthony’s you can but make sure you change the center section out. It’s held in by 4 screws. I would just get used one with a screen and put it in your car. Just my $.02. :D

If the LS1 is the same as mine(I'm pretty sure it is) there are just 4 screws holding the ends on. Basically the sensor itself is sandwiched by the metal MAF ends. It comes apart into three pieces, the two metal ends and then the thin black plastic sensor. It comes apart really easy, just don't drop it or bend the wires on the sensor itself.

A new MAF is pretty expensive, like over $300. A MAF translator would be cheaper and you could fine tune the A/F with it.