5 spd swap

Guest Pimpin' the Jag

Guest Pimpin' the Jag
Hey I'm probably not getting the Jaguar but I found a pontiac fiero, its got the v6 which is what i want but its an automatic. I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost, approximately to change it into a 5 speed. And what all would i need to buy?

You don't want to do this. There are many things different with the auto and manual cars, including axle lengths. Many people have spoke of doing this and few have actually done it. Fieros are pretty cheap and you're best of finding a 5 speed instead of converting.

For more info go to www.fiero.nl You can do a search in the tech section on Auto to manual and come up with a lot of stuff.

Guest Pimpin' the Jag
i never actually bought the jag i was going to but then i found out the lady didn't actually rebuild the motor and tranny so...(i now also need to know how to change my login name) whats wrong with fieros? thanks i wont do the swap it will be a lot easier just to buy one that was already made to be a 5 spd, and cheaper

Originally posted by Pimpin' the Jag:

whats wrong with fieros

if you ask me, nothings really wrong with fieros. They're cheap, they're different, and they have a big support group and there's plenty of help with mods out there. Just about any GM motor can be put in there with some effort, also. Although people will tell you that a fiero's suspension is from a chevette (84-87 models) there are plenty of suspension options out there. Check out www.fiero.nl and you'll find a lot of info and see a lot of nice cars if you really want to look into it.

Guest Pimpin' the Jag
where can I find a 5.0 for 3000? But im a short 16 year old, I think I would look really weird in such a big, rumbling car.

Guest 1bad66duece
fiero`s are cheap for a reason,they are junk,i had an 84 in 86 and only paid $400,i was never happier to see something leave my driveway,but that is my opinion ,dont mean to sound rude or anything,but you see them setting everywere not running for a reason(junk) .