Tricking my ECM to increase Injector Pulse width.

DTM Brian

I have been experimenting with a dry kit on my POS for sometime now. Even after cranking the fuel pressure up with a shim in the regulator when the nitrous is flowing, I am still coming up short on the fuel needed to add 175hp of spray. So the next thing to do is increase injector pulse width. This car is a speed density car. So the only thing I know to do is trick my air charge temperature sensor and my coolant temperature sensor into thinking it has artic air entering the motor. I know that resistance changes across these sensors as the temperature changes. This, in turn, tells the changes the voltage back to the ecm and helps tell the computer the pulse width of the injector. My thinking was to get 2 12volt relays and wire them with my spray. When the nitrous is flowing, I would bypass the sensors. What I need to know is if I need to see a low resistance,( more voltage back to the ecm) or high resistance(less voltage to the ecm)I can then wire in the correct resistor with the relays to get me the voltage needed to tell my ecm to pour fuel to the motor. I am not worried about a rich condition. LOL I will just add enough SPRAY!! to compensate for it.

Hey Brian, I just read your post. I think that everything we talked about over the phone pretty much covers it. Let me know about that other sensor info you get, and I am sure we can rig up something to dump fuel. ;)

One other option would be extra injectors, but that is more expensive of course, and since you said that your current injectors aren't at max duty cycle yet, we will have to see what we can get out of them first.