Anybody do CHEAP bodywork???

Guest EMSchic81

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by b4551971:

cheap is not a word you want mix with body work in general you get what you pay for if you just need a dent pulled though dent wizard does a good job :D

good advice. i already had that little chat with her. thats why maaco can paint a whole car for $299 and a real shop will charge somewhere around $3k. hell, good paint costs as much/more than their whole paint job :eek:

jeff

Originally posted by turbotrio:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by b4551971:

cheap is not a word you want mix with body work in general you get what you pay for if you just need a dent pulled though dent wizard does a good job :D

good advice. i already had that little chat with her. thats why maaco can paint a whole car for $299 and a real shop will charge somewhere around $3k. hell, good paint costs as much/more than their whole paint job :eek:

jeff</font>

True That

The paint, clear,and other materials can cost more than their whole paint jobs.

Guest mad man mikey 0212
theres a guy in plain city that does a great job for a reasonable price. his name is greg aliance. if you want i can get his phonenumber and talk to him for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by turbotrio:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by b4551971:

jeff</font>

I am getting ready to repaint my intrepid. I think it is due for one. I am not looking to spend $3k because it isn't the car of my dreams or anything. Is macco a good place to go to get a nice paint job for under $500? Do you guys have any recommadations? Also do you know of any people who would be willing to teach as well? I am interested to see what you guys have to offer. Thank you

-Geoff :D

I know a guy who used to work for 3C body shop and does paint jobs. He has his own gun and everything. He is going to do my vette for under $500. I'm gonna tell him to register on the board today so he can get some business from here posibly. I'm not sure if he would hook up a stranger like that though but he should get you a good deal! :D;) I'll post again when I get more info from him.