Cage builder

The Pikey

What good cage builders are there in town? I'm going to need one once I make a good pass...I know the Trails will boot me. Plus I want to be safe. I want it to be as solid, but not intrusive.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Peace

Originally posted by ubilaM:

Scott, you might want to try Grashel's fabrication or Holt race cars. I think they could get you set up with something to your taste.

I'll agree with both of the above suggestions. You may also want to try Floyd's Hot Rods(pretty sure that's the name). They built a friend's cage which is 9 sec legal many years ago and he still has no complaints.

I also doubt you'll get kicked out immediately. 2 friends of mine ran the entire season runnin 11's. You just won't be able to bracket race, which I doubt you were plannin on doing anyways ;) .. But of course it is a good idea, especially if you already have the money..

Guest 614Streets
Originally posted by ubilaM:

Scott, you might want to try Grashel's fabrication or Holt race cars. I think they could get you set up with something to your taste.

Dito that , John Holt or Grashel Fabrication. Holt did my buddies Camaro nicest welds Ive seen , and my buddy's father owns the building which grashel leases.

Originally posted by The Pikey:

What good cage builders are there in town? I'm going to need one once I make a good pass...I know the Trails will boot me. Plus I want to be safe. I want it to be as solid, but not intrusive.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Peace

is this for the supra?? they dont kick you out for trap speeds do they? tongue.gif that thing wont be seeing 11s unless they let you use the back of the staging lanes to start from ;) unless of course this is for the typhoon then i agree with the above suggestions :D:D

jeff

Originally posted by big white paperweight:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The Pikey:

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Peace

is this for the supra?? they dont kick you out for trap speeds do they? tongue.gif that thing wont be seeing 11s unless they let you use the back of the staging lanes to start from ;) unless of course this is for the typhoon then i agree with the above suggestions :D:D

jeff</font>

Yes...for the Supra:) But with my trap speeds I'll need a parachute :cool:

I'm trying to become a "Squid" I want to sell the Tyhoon smile.gif

Your car will be ready in 2 weeks right? :rolleyes::D

Scott

peace

Originally posted by The Pikey:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by big white paperweight:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The Pikey:

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Peace

is this for the supra?? they dont kick you out for trap speeds do they? tongue.gif that thing wont be seeing 11s unless they let you use the back of the staging lanes to start from ;) unless of course this is for the typhoon then i agree with the above suggestions

jeff</font>

Yes...for the Supra:) But with my trap speeds I'll need a parachute

I'm trying to become a "Squid" I want to sell the Tyhoon smile.gif

Your car will be ready in 2 weeks right? :rolleyes:

Scott

peace</font>hell yeah it will be :D 2 WEEKS!! why you in such a hurry to get beat on anyway? tongue.gif oh and you should get some wheelie bars while your at it ;)

jeff

Scott,

I want to take you down to see a guy in south end when you come home. I know this guy who does an awesome job with cages. He uses chrome moly and the welds look like a work of art. This one mustang roll bar had better paint then the car itself. You could see your reflection from all the clear coat on it. Plus he is resonable.

Brian, I have a friend who bought a chrome moly weld-in cage from Wolfe Racecraft. He needs someone to install it. It's this cage, 4130 Cromoly F-Body 6-Point Weld-in Roll Bar Kit, and there is more info here :

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/pages/F-body_part/weld-in.htm

It's supposed to be a clean install. You think you could ask him for a ballpark figure? Or do you have his number?

Please email me at sam94z@hotmail.com or just PM me.. smile.gif

Thanks,

Sam