any small engine experts?

Science Abuse

So is it an electric start or pull start? Either way you will need a deck to put it on and a blade to act as a counter balance. If you want me to look at it I can in a few weeks because I just don't have the time right now. I use to do small engine work for 3 years so hopefully I can get it running for ya.

Guest nevarmore
Originally posted by turbojc:

I can take a look at it some time. Note Its hard to stick a vertical shaft engin in a go cart.

aroo? why? im not familiar with go carts but it seems all itd need is one extra set of gears to go from vert to horizontal. And if its a 2-stroke it should run in any orientation.

Heheh, erok: still got that old pumpkin from the bird in your basement?

Originally posted by BlackBird:

I've got a brigs and stratton engine in a box in my basement, pulled from a push mower, I'd like to get it running over the winter. I think all it needs is a battery, but I could be wrong. I can bring it to a meet, anyone care to have a look at what I have?

I've never seen a push mower with an electric start(refering to the battery comment) smile.gif

you'll never get the gear thing to work

if it came off a mower it's a four stroke

and finally it doesn't matter if it's a two or a four stroke the engine orientation does not matter but the carb does.

so the moral of the story is.....

make a push mower out of it :D:D:D

Originally posted by BlackBird

wait, so it doesnt need a battery? how does it maintain spark?

if you take the top of the mower apart, where the pull cord is, under it their is a condenser and some little electrical shit under it and thats how it fires the plug, so their is no need for a battery! it's a VERY simple electrical system

Originally posted by BlackBird:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Powers:

[QB]

I've never seen a push mower with an electric start(refering to the battery comment) smile.gif

[qb]</font>

wait, so it doesnt need a battery? how does it maintain spark?

it has a small ignition that runs off the running motor which is started by you pulling on the thing. Think of it like a little alternator. If your car was a pull start it would not need a battery either to run. and most likely it's around a five horse motor which is pretty small. doesn't like to push a 300lb go cart and in my case too many lb person down the road. ;)