Under drive pullies

JaSSon

Alright, here we go. I have looked at under drive pullies in teh past, and i am well aware of how they work and what they do. BUT I also know that nothing is free. Will the pullies effect my A/C or my alternator? I am probablly already in danger of frying the damn thing anyway. My 81000D amp draws a lot of current. But if i do fry it, then i get to buy a shiny new one...

Originally posted by OSoSlow5.0:

ehh... not worth the money if you ask me. unless you get them dirt cheap.

Are you slow? they are the cheapest mod you can do that actually has a power gain, you'll see almost 10rwhp from pulleys.

The alternator will not charge as well (it spins slower) and the water pump won't be spinning as fast...its actually easier on the parts, it just won't cool or charge as well...that being said I have never had a problem with them.

Yeah dude, easy mod, fairly cheap, too. Go with Steeda's, best on the market for the modular, they come with their own balancer, the piggy back sets reuse your old crank pully. By bolting the crank pulley bact on to the UD pully, you increase rotating mass. The Steedas dont do that, so you'll get the most gain pissible. I've been running the Steedas for a few months now, with an Optima red top, and have had no problems. Got'm off ebay for $120 shipped.

watch out for the belt when ya tighten them down, dont want it to get squished behind the crank pully, right Snow plow? tongue.gif

[ 27 November 2002, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: the Shocker ]

Originally posted by Unleashed:

[QB]Cheapest and most effective *power* mods for the 99+ GT's are:

UD Pullies

Timing Adjuster

Intermediate pipe

[QB]

yeah forgot about the iming adjuster. But did you know you had already had one? Gotta love the EEC-V. Look for the octane pin, pull it and it retards your timing ever so slightly. Designed to keep your car from dying of bad gas. But, Reinhart Automotce burns chips that do many things, especialy on autos, onne of those things it switch that function over so that it advances the timing a couple degreas, for race gas.

Originally posted by BlackStang00:

Ok wait, what about a timing adjuster? And blackbird, you said its bulit into my ecu? How do i adjust it?

I'll have to have a look see to see if they still use them, it may have been replaced by a sensor, or moved. But, what it is is an "apendix" of wire with a little clip on the end of it. It will most likely be located somewhere on or near the MAF wire harness. its a long harness.

Here it is on an older mocular, its only 1

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/engine/spouts.jpg

I'm not sure though, they may have done away with it on your engine. They got rid of plug wires, wouldnt put it past'm tongue.gif