most heat resistant stuff on earth?

Science Abuse

need somethign for my exhaust pipes leading to my turbo, its a tight bay. At one point I have only about 1/4" on each side as it passes some wires. I need a coating or wrapping that will keep the exhaust gasses in the pipe as hot as possible, and the things outside as cool as pissible. Any ideas?

Thanks

Eric

Swain high temp coatings would be my first choice.

Jet hot hight temp coatings would be my second.

Both have different levels and prices for their different coatings, but I have seen parts from both, and the Swain seems to be higher quality, although slightly more expensive.

In such a tight space, I wouldn't go with the exhaust wrap tape that you can buy. It is known for holding in moisture and causing the things they are wrapped around to deteriorate very quickly.

I am buying all the equipment to do powder coating/ceramic coating. should have the materials and the spray guy unit in about two weeks. If you bring me sandblasted housings and manifolds, I'll ceramic coat them for the cost of the material.

Originally posted by Blupastu TSi:

personally, I'd ceramic coat AND wrap them.

that was my thought, if their coated, moisture shouldnt be that big of a problem. What's different about Swain? I'm not going to have to coat a whole lot of pipe. Would sanding be good? I dont have a blaster smile.gif