Wireless mouse problems.

Trouble Maker

This is a logitech wireless optical mouse.

It all started a few weeks ago when it kept disconnecting and I'd have to make it reconnect. Replaced the batteries and it did it a few more times but then it quit. Started doing it again just every once in a great while a few days ago then today it was doing it every 15 seconds so I decided to try and fix it.

First tried new batteries again, no go.

Tried to reinstall logitechs software and that didn't work either.

Tried to install a different driver from the logitech CD and this is when stuff went to shit. The mouse totally stoped working (led for the motion was still on but it had no functionality). Tried to turn the computer on and off, didn't work.

Pluged the wireless mouse back in and it started working again, didn't disconnect anymore... but none of the buttons worked. Thought it might be becuase of the PS2 and USB mouse at the same time, disconnected the PS2 still no buttons.

Restarted the computer again. A mouse setup came up asking me what I wanted to make the buttons so I'm thinking 'sweet, this things gona work now'. No such luck, the scroll button and side button work but neither normal top buttons work.

Any help? I'm honestly just about to whip this piece of shit clean and put win2k on it. My dad redid it a while back and put 98 back on it, I told him not to. It's never run right totally right with 98 on it.

Also when I try to open up the control pannel it crashes explorer. Like all's I see is the backgorund and nothing else.

Guest nevarmore

Sounds more like a win98 issue than an issue with the mouse. You may want to try stripping out all your pointing devices and then reinstalling the mouse using the reccomended driver for it.

I've been running Logitech devices since 94 and never had any issues with them. Been using a cordless mouse of thiers for over 2 years now and never had problems with it even under win98.

Win98 in most environments periodically needs to be wiped out and reinstalled. Thats just how it is with most users, shit piles up and doesn't get cleaned out.

I haven't had problems with my wireless mouse either. I have a Belkin and there's a step in the setup were you have to have the mouse talk to the wireless device connected to your computer. It will only work after that. But that's the initial setup so I've only had to do that once. Maybe your wireless has something like that?