subframe connectors...

recklessOP

i've been beating on my car way too hard since i bought it and i think it's time i finally get around to installing a set of subframe connectors...

for general reference, i drive a 2002 ford mustang GT coupe with a 5 speed manual. the car is pretty much bone stock as of now...

just looking for recommendations with subframe connectors. i tried a set of BBK connectors, and the mounting tabs were welded on crooked. no way in hell they would ever fit. i've tried a pair of ford motorsport connectors as well, which i think we simply repackaged low end kenny brown connectors...

i'm looking for something rather beefy, but doesn't kill ground clearance. right now i'm looking at the entire Kenny Brown super sub package, Steeda steel connectors with cross braces, or Maximum Motorsports standard connectors...

anyone have experience with these companies and their subframe connectors? proper fit is a big concern after the last two tries. weld on connectors are a given. any suggestions? i'm open to just about anything...

let me know, and thanks in advance... :D

My roomate has Kenny Browns on his 96 SS, and they fit pretty well. I have SLP's on mine (of course, they don't make any for Mustangs), and they are basically a beefy version of the Kenny Brown Double-Diamonds.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably go w/ the Kenny Browns.

Hey Matt, I'm running powder coated Full Length Maximum Motorsports connectors. They give up no ground clearance at all, the exhaust hangs alot lower. You'll have to crawl under my car and take a look. High quality shit, but probably the most expensive to install :( (other than the Griggs through the floor kit). They are stiff as hell, jack the front right up and the rear comes up with it. Come with seat supports too, to keep the infamous floor pan from cracking. There's been times when I park on very uneven surfaces and only three tires will be touching the ground, makes people walking by go WTF.... :D

They aren't pre fabbed like the others, which makes them a pain to install, but since no 2 cars are exactly the same this insures it will fit *your* car exactly the way it's supposed too.

[ 08 December 2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Unleashed ]

How soon do you need them?

I good friend of mine builds everything from full tube chromoly drag chassis to custom roll cages to simple frame connectors.

He is located south of Columbus, around Asheville. I help him build stuff.

He may be able to do a custom one-off clean set for lesser money than the ones you are looking to buy.

Let me know,

Brian

i'll definitely keep that in mind...

car is going down for the winter soon, so i have plenty of time. no rush to get them on at this point. i have a whole list of stuff to do this winter to get it prepped for some open track and autocross events next spring... ;)

i also have another car back home that needs a cage, so i'll let you know...

Guest Porterhouse
Originally posted by flyinbrian:

full tube chromoly drag chassis to custom roll cages to simple frame connectors.

what kind of prices for a 6 pt cage? what is the turn around time? any pictures of his work, or cars i could see?

The turn around time is faster than any other shop in central Ohio. I can say this from experience, I have dealt with them all. If you have an hour of spare time one day, I can tell you stories of thousands of dollars spent, time lines not met, quotes of labor and materials not being anywhere close to the final cost, and lawyers getting involved.

Trust me. My car is on it's second roll cage.

I got to the point to where I decided to learn how to do the stuff myself, that's when I hooked up with this guy. He is honest and does quality work at a reasonable price. That's tough to find in this industry.

I can line up a date/time if you would like to visit the shop and check out some work. Let me know.

Here's a pic of my front end during construction. http://forums.screamandfly.com/pp311/data/506/414looking_down.jpghttp://forums.screamandfly.com/pp311/data/506/414the_big_picture.jpg