eclipse swap

Guest jaswer211

Guest jaswer211
i have a 93 eclipse gs and was wondering if any one knew of any one who could preform a swap from 4g63 to 4g63t or where i could get an engine for cheap besides a junkyard, and preferably have a garonteed startup.

Check over on www.columbusdsm.com There are quite a few people who have done 2g (96-99) turbos. I'm not sure if any of them have done the swap, but it's entirely possibly. With as inexpensive as 1g's are, why not look for an inexpensive one?

Should be able to find a motor over there too.

I don't know how different the 4g63's and 4g63t's are internally and/or externally. You very well might be able to grab the manifold and crap form a turbo one and put it on your motor.

Guest jaswer211

i know generally what you need for a swap in an eclipse ie. motor, wiring harness, ecu, and all the obvious stuff but what else will i need to get ie. random pipes and mounts.

how much u do it for?

Guest jaswer211
I don't know how different the 4g63's and 4g63t's are internally and/or externally. You very well might be able to grab the manifold and crap form a turbo one and put it on your motor.

i have a manifold and an intercooler that i was going to use to piece togeather but my car has 140k miles and i would blow it within a week.

Your block can be used as the only [major] difference being that it doesnt have oil squirters. If you are going to be using cast pistons [you shouldnt use your higher comression NT ones] you should look into getting a turbo block. You will need to drill a knock sensor if you keep it.

You need injectors and a new fuel pump. A turbo ECU and Harness, Turbo cams... the rest of the head is the same. An exhaust manifold, a 14b or better, intercooler and piping, a down pipe and might as well replace the exhaust while your at it.

I dont recall if the NTs used a weaker tranny. You should look into that.

All in all, you could get a 1g Turbo AWD for the cost you are about to spend.

If youre stubborn and have your heart invested in doing it the hard way... Take it to IPS and save yourself one hell of a headache.