11's on a stock 302 and internals?

KlubFoot

Originally posted by rl:

They changed the ramp speeds, this didn't hurt horse power. The computers are the same (program wise). I can show you the programs for all of the early 90's MAF computers, they are all essentially the same. The shift retard thing is a complete myth, it does not exist on any 5.0 mustang of any year. Thats a myth that really gets to me (kinda like the people who swear the Fox computers make more power then the sn95 computers). smile.gif

Fowler, I don't know why they did it but they did. I'm fairly sure they went from rating the motors without accessories to rating them with accessories. It was simply a rating change, not a hardware change. It's been beat up over and over on Corral (from years ago). Go over there and do some searches.

I also agree that you don't need 2.02 intake valve heads. I'd actually shy away from them and go with a slightly more aggressive cam. As for the 42# injectors, if you are going to spend the money to get injectors, you might as well go bigger. The fuel system is the heart of the car, its one spot where saving a few dollars is not worth it. Overkill is good. You could run 11's on 30's (30's would be pushing it on a blown car) or 36's, but why not spend a few more dollars and be safe?

Rob smile.gif

www.lasotaracing.com

didnt they also go from rating gross hp to net hp about that time?

before you give me the graemlins/wtf.gif face, gross hp is hp made by the engine with nothing else going on. just the straigbht engine running. net is the hp made when all the belts are attatched, and the alternator is being spun, etc, etc.

Originally posted by Orion:

didnt they also go from rating gross hp to net hp about that time?

before you give me the graemlins/wtf.gif face, gross hp is hp made by the engine with nothing else going on. just the straigbht engine running. net is the hp made when all the belts are attatched, and the alternator is being spun, etc, etc.

I'm fairly sure they went from rating the motors without accessories to rating them with accessories
:D Good call. smile.gif

Originally posted by BC:

Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, OH...and Tuning.

You forgot one thing there, BC. tongue.gif

Originally posted by BC:

Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, Tuning, OH...and Tuning.

Who tuned your car BC? :D You make pretty good power with a weird ass combo on a stock shortblock 302, right?

:D:D:D

Stock Short block, E cam, Stock Truck Lower, Cartech Bread Box Upper (blower intake), 75mm TB, Blow Thru MAF (who knows what the flow chart is), 42lb injectors (wayyy to big), Fox Lake ported Canfields and 1 5/8" equal length shorties (should have 1 3/4").

The runners on the lower intake are half the size of the heads.

Bottom line...I hate buying parts twice and the parts are based around a TT kit. It will all come together some day :rolleyes: