M&M?

GilbWs6

Originally posted by Nathan P:

If your thinking of boring your L67, I would talk to Scott from Intense or the mighty Chris Green about other options to increase performance...

Hey Chris...has anyone ever whipple blown a car?

Scott had a Autorotor 2300 on his car...

Yes, Scott had a 2.2l Blowzilla on the Bonneville. During our testing we have determined that there is no power to be gained from keeping the Blowzilla versus putting one of our MP112 kits on the car. So we are going MP112 on the Bonne now. The Blowzilla kit is for sale. smile.gif

Have your motor bored .010 over. .020 is the max you can safely and reliably go on the 3800. If you go .020 you will have no room for error if you pop a piston later down the road. I also reccomend that you pick up a set of forged and coated pistons from us. If you put stockers back in there you might as well not waste your time or money with any block work.

In my opinion you can spend this money elsewhere on something that makes a little more sense. I run 11.55 and make over 400FWHP with a 114k stock shortblock. You know how I do it? I run the car rich. Sure, I am giving up a little power running it rich... but I'm not tearing the motor down every weekend. It's a worthwhile tradeoff to me. Both times we have had my heads off we have been AMAZED at the condition of my motor. It looks like it has 20k on it. The secret is 5w30 Mobil 1 NO LATER than 3000 miles and after EVERY big race day and running the car rich. "Safe" is .920 O2's, most big dogs run .870-.890 O2's, I run .940-.960.

If I were you I would spend the money towards something that you KNOW will go boom with big power. The transaxle. I can tell you how much I love my INTENSE trans but it's reputation speaks for itself. smile.gif

http://www.INTENSE-Racing.com

I would keep that block as a spare if you blow the one you have. I have a spare stock shortblock here ready to go in when mine goes boom. If you are still going to do the work on it then I would check out this months issue of High Performance Pontiac. My buddy Chris White has a good, detailed writeup in there on building a 3800 SII block; he blew his the fuck up a while back. Check it out. smile.gif

or the mighty Chris Green

You make my ego happy. :D

in the world of "its just a grand prix"...there lies one man....two men...oh hell, lots of people, constantly proving them wrong.

when are we gonna do lunch?

Autographs are $100, Lunches are $500. :D

I'm going to be having a Grand Prix party at my new house after the first of the year. Keep an eye on the COCGP messageboard for info. smile.gif