Cam Swap

BlackC50

Remove front accessories + cover.

Remove intake / dist.

Remove valve covers / loosen valve train.

Pull push rods / lifter.

Remove cam.

Install cam, lifters, push rods.

Adjust valve train.

Re-install everything.

Edit - not to mention removing your radiator / trans cooler / a/c condensor / and/or whatever else to make a path for the cam to go in and out (unless you're yanking the engine out)

This is just the summarized version

Guest drifter
Yea yu danot have to pull the motor, just everthing else!! Also on cam selection need to know what you want to do with car. ie, drag, street. more low end or top weight of vehicle things like that

Nurk' hit the nail on the head. smile.gif

Do you still have E6 heads and intakes? If you do then it would be worth it to go to E7's a mild cam (you cant make any power with stock E6 parts, period). You WILL have issues with a cam if you have other heads because your pistons are not factory flycut. You will want to be sure to check P/V clearence.

as far as I know the heads and everything is stock, I think its quicker than a normal 5.0 tho cause my friend has a 88 5.0 302 that is completely stock and mine seems a lot faster. I dunno...but if you can give me some suggestions lemme know. I have the cosmetic and suspension done and now its time for the motor.

Originally posted by SomethingQwik:

as far as I know the heads and everything is stock, I think its quicker than a normal 5.0 tho cause my friend has a 88 5.0 302 that is completely stock and mine seems a lot faster. I dunno...but if you can give me some suggestions lemme know. I have the cosmetic and suspension done and now its time for the motor.

You need to figure out if you have E7 heads and intake. Shoot me an email if you would like.

Rob@lasotaracing.com