car wont start

Guest sphen02

Guest sphen02
could just be cus its cold as all hell out here in ada. but i went out try to start it nothin. try to start it again. nothing. try again startin to sound weak. lights startin to blur as it tries to rev. try again nothin. i try to turn the key and it doesnt even rev up. i waited a few seconds. try again the lights dim as the starter tries to go. any ideas as to the problem?

Originally posted by boro hachi:

could just be cus its cold as all hell out here in ada. but i went out try to start it nothin. try to start it again. nothing. try again startin to sound weak. lights startin to blur as it tries to rev. try again nothin. i try to turn the key and it doesnt even rev up. i waited a few seconds. try again the lights dim as the starter tries to go. any ideas as to the problem?

Battery low? Try giving it a jump?

Guest sphen02
Originally posted by My name... is Neo:

You need to off load that piece of shit. :D

i hate u sometimes jesse i really do tongue.gif but the thought has crossed my mind. i cant necessarily afford to pick up a car tho. lack of cash money and the like. *shrug*

Originally posted by My name... is Neo:

Welcome to the real world.

Lesson number one: don't speak about something which you are absoutley clueless.

Come back tommrow and I'll teach you something else.

Damn dude, what crawled up your ass?? As I(Service Director at a car dealership)see it, his statement would be only more correct if he said "possibly" the alternator. Obvious, but not incorrect.

The logical progression is after an inspection of the battery cables and connections, and the load test of the battery, is an inspection of the fusible link between the alt. and starter to make sure the connections are clean and tight, and the wire is not "open". Then a charge test to see if the alternator's amperage and voltage output are in spec, and also if the diode pattern is good.

Most of the testers used at the auto parts starts are ARBST testers, which also measure the starter's amperage draw. If all these tests are passed, then I would recommend seeing a "trained" technician.

Come back tomorrow and I'll teach you humility!

Originally posted by Rotarded:

Come back tomorrow and I'll teach you humility!

Good luck on that one. tongue.gif

I was just trying to state, in a not so nice way, that saying it was the alternator was a huge jump in logic. There's almost nothing that irritates me more about working on car than throwing parts at a problem and not taking a logical approach, like you suggested.

I think it was a baby armadillo. :D