13b Rebuild

Guest fc3skid

Guest dfresh285
yea the V8 swap is nice, but a newer turbo or even twin turbo would do it nicely too. i say just rebuild the engine with some help and then try to find a old rebuilt turbo to put on it.

Guest fc3skid
Yea, I have priced the V-8 conversions from Granny's Speed Shop and that idea sounds promising. I have looked at some small block chevys and different transmission options. The rebuild of my 13b would keep the car more in its original state and would probably be easier. However, I'm not sure how hard the V-8 swap would be. I've been looking at rebuild kits for the rotary but they are expensive. Price is the biggest factor for me so whatever I do it is going to be by myself. If anybody knows where to get a cheap rebuild kit or any advice for me about doing the swap or the rebuild please let me know.

Josh: I dont know much about Rotary engines, but I'll help you with the labor part of the rebuild as much as I can, maybe I can even find you an engine stand

www.v8rx7.com if you want to check out the v8 swap, granny's speed shop wont put it on his site as a link because granny's doesnt always do the best customer service and best of work and the builder of that site and starter of the forum tells the truth about them and is subjective, granny's mainly puts sites that only say good things about them in their links section, its a good place to find out about it tho

a normal swap will usually cost anywhere from $3000 to $6000 normally unless you are lucky enough to find a donor car with everything you want, then its usually only maybe the price of the donor car + maybe $1000 at the most for brackets and other little stuff and fabrications like exhaust and getting the PCM tuned and tach recalibrated