Hondata

RUTAN TA1647545492

Hey I have a 94 Accord and I was wondering where the best place to go to get inforamation and pricing on Hondata. Is Hondata the best way to tune the car or should I do a Vafc hack? I am trying to put a Turbo on the car. Do you have any other suggestions?

Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

i have a friend that just got his h23 'lude tuned finally and honestly its slower now than when it was untuned, but he still swears by it and says its the only way to go.

If the current tune is good, he might have been running unsafe before making it a little faster. They are always the fastest right before they blow up.

Guest lustful

BLACK ITRGUY.. race him again..

hondata is really nice if you can get it setup and just leave the car that way otherwise you keep paying to have it retuned... park honda south (the performance shop is called park performance sorry)really knows their stuff about hondata although i think they are going through some glitches right now. back home at least 4 of our club guys are running it and have had great results ONCE IT IS TUNED. that is all

i didnt race him luke did and luke beat him by at least half a car length. and i know luke aint that close to me. but like i said its not as fast as when it wasnt tuned. he smoked luke when it wasnt. the tuning made it slower.

jon get off your high horse and quit being an asshole im tired of listening to you talk down on me like im some country bumkin and your some great city-fied asshole. THAT IS ALL

Originally posted by the Man With No Name:

If the current tune is good, he might have been running unsafe before making it a little faster. They are always the fastest right before they blow up.

and that is exactly what the deal is they put his rev limiter low and he wants it higher. they told him he engine isnt gonna last with that kind of rpms.

[ 26. March 2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: BLACK ITR GUY ]

Originally posted by lustful:

BLACK ITRGUY.. race him again..

hondata is really nice if you can get it setup and just leave the car that way otherwise you keep paying to have it retuned... park honda south (the performance shop is called park performance sorry)really knows their stuff about hondata although i think they are going through some glitches right now. back home at least 4 of our club guys are running it and have had great results ONCE IT IS TUNED. that is all

What would stop someone from buying the goods and tuning it themselves. Its just like any other standalone. A good knowledge of automobiles and knowing how to use the software and tools and its fully tunable. My friend has a hondata on his car, and I'm trying to talk him into going this route right now hopefully he sees the light and stops dropping 500 bucks to get his stuff retuned every summer.

yeah you can tune it yourself until you get to a place that the hondata people lock you out of. thats what happend to him. he wanted the rev limiter raised but the guy locked him out of it. i thinks is good the tuning part of it but im not sold on the launch control or the full throttle shifting. everything else i think is ok but paying that much for someone to tool with it when i can do it myself with the proper tools and equipment

I wasn't aware that someone could lock you out of it even if you have your own tuning tools to hookup to it and tune it yourself. That pretty much sucks. You're paying for someone to tune your car which imho gives you the right to look at what they did to your system. I have heard of places locking tec maps also like this but I wasn't aware it was an option for hondata as well.

yeah thats what he told me. the guy that set up the map and everything locked it so he couldnt raise it above 6800 rpms. he was pretty mad cuz he said if he wants to blow it up its his motor to do what he wants with it. needless to say he wasnt to happy when he got beat by a '95 accord with about 212,000 miles on it and nothing else done to i other than intake and exhaust.

Guest lustful
tylers hondata isn't locked out.. i just seen matt reset the launch control and the rev limiter with the brakes, a pushbutton, and a check engine light... done in about 5 minutes.

matt never raced lukes accord. he raced luke in dustins hatch. (before it was tuned) and dustin's car can beat lukes hatch. tyler raced luke after it was tuned. i was there and video taped it. i dont recall you being there so how do you know so much about all this. i spent the last whole weekend at tylers house. tyler got it retuned now after he got beat by luke and jeffs bone stock 96 miata that luke has beat in his accord. now his is set at 3000 and redline is 7200. now it should liven up a bit. i think the only reason that tyler beat dustins hatch the first time is dustin has a hole is his fuel map around 6-7 grand and thats where it comes alive. if it wasnt for that i really think dustins car is prob faster. dustins engine was dropped into a civic coupe and 14.7 quarter.

on a side note park honda south isnt even certified to tune hondata if im correct.

Originally posted by lustful:

tylers hondata isn't locked out.. i just seen matt reset the launch control and the rev limiter with the brakes, a pushbutton, and a check engine light... done in about 5 minutes.

like i said you werent there so how do you know so much about all this?

Guest lustful

i was sitting in the car when matt reset all of that stuff... we drove it before launch control.. and then after.. and then with the rev limiter changed...

i know that when matt drove it he didn't lose..

Originally posted by BDHG940:

I don't know how it is, but I heard a rumor you got owned by a 99 cobra? Maybe it wasn't tuned just right by those fools over at slowmotion?

;)

I have never raced a 99 cobra. I think you are thinking of another person.