corolla won't start

Berto

alright so new tranny,clutch,halfshafts put everything back together and well the car won't start now

tested the battery, its fine

pulled the starter and tested it its fine.

when i turn the key u hear one click and the lights dim like its trying and then when u release u hear another click.

anyone have any leads?

new news: hooked the starter up on my car but didn't mount it. had someone turn the key while i looked, and the startergear comes out but doesn't turn. :confused:

[ 22. March 2004, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: RX7dood ]

ok replying for the sake of archives.

turned out the starter was bad, Dave(gas grass or ass) helped me out. said that sometimes the testers at the store have only short lengths of wire and also much more amperage to offer than your normal 220k mile corolla so the starter will check ok but it really isn't.

got a new starter everything is great

new clutch and tranny feel awesome, no more clicking CV joints (new halfshafts), new stater.

hopefully its ready for the 70 mile round trip commute to honda for the summer :D

btw big thanks to dave, matt(tinman), clark(dunno his name on here, but he has a purple neon), and doug(doug). for helping me out at various stages w/knowledge and tools. this was my first tranny swap! yay!