how do i repair a cut wire?

Guest BLUIDGURL

Guest BLUIDGURL
haha..prolly a dumb question...but the wire for my dome light and clock is cut in half (don't ask why) i'm sure it's simple...but i have no clue, figured i would try and do something myself since no one else gets around to it..so just give me some kind of idea on how to do this. :confused:

Strip about an 1/2 inch of rubber off both wires you are trying to connect and then connect them together. You can use a cap connector, butt connector, you can solder them together or you can twist them together (the most ghetto way to do it). Be sure to wrap the exposed wire with electrical tape or heatshrink tubing. If you don't have enough length to join the two wires together, get another piece of wire to complete the connection.

soldering will give you a better connection, if you don't know how i have a soldering iron and i'm on spring break so I can do it for you won't take very long at all, hoblic knows how to get a hold of me if you want.

Guest BLUIDGURL
ahah..all u guys are awsome, u don't even know me, but still willing to take time outta ur day to fix something so little...Thank u guys! by the way, i didn't fix it today, cause i need more wire..haha...

Guest BLUIDGURL
haha..i think i got it...i'm not really that dumb...ha..i just wasn't sure bout how to go about it..i've changed my oil before, and my oil filter.just never worked w/ wires. That use to be my dad's job. but i think i can do this. So thank u all so very much

Originally posted by Rotary Convert:

If you have long hair, watch the moving parts too, This includes creeper wheels.

lets not disregard other inportant safety preacuations as well. including but not limited to.safety glasses,fall arrest,resue plan,MSDS,tailgate meeting and kevlar gloves.

also heat shrink that connection.

Originally posted by the Man With No Name:

Strip about an 1/2 inch of rubber off both wires you are trying to connect and then connect them together. You can use a cap connector, butt connector, you can solder them together or you can twist them together (the most ghetto way to do it). Be sure to wrap the exposed wire with electrical tape or heatshrink tubing. If you don't have enough length to join the two wires together, get another piece of wire to complete the connection.

I would do that and use the shrink wrap to go around the wire. It looks cleaner and connects better.

~Erik

Guest nevarmore
Originally posted by BiG BeN:

including but not limited to.safety glasses,fall arrest,resue plan,MSDS,tailgate meeting and kevlar gloves.

And a permission form from your mom too!!

Wheres that post about how many forum members it takes to screw in a lightbulb?