Nitto DR svs. BFGoodrich DRs

Guest Foxstang133617

http://stangcrazy.com/events/columbus_2002/images/disk1/DSC00425.jpg

That is on normal off the shelf 275/60/15 BFG DR's at national trails. Need I say more?

Thats a factory stock car, several of the basically STOCK 99+ cobra's in the class cut 1.6 60's on BFG drag radials (In route to low 12 second ET's), some of the class built cars (Like Justin burchams car pictured) cut 1.5 60's.

Although drag strip sticky is great, I already have ET Streets for those days, my search is for the most streetable tire that is significantly sticker on the street than a Toyo or S03 Z rated performance street tire and will last 10k miles (assuming some abuse).

K

If you're looking for an all-around performance tire, nothing has dry grip like the BFG G-force KD.

Otherwise, the Nitto is probably your best bet. But it does need to be very warm to get maximum hookup.

I love BFG tires, though. My setup would be KD's on the street, with a set of BFG drag radials on another set of stock rims for the track or "special" evenings. ;)

Just when I thought I may be able to challenge ya from a 10 roll next season, you get those things. You ass! :D

I'll wait for better weather and your opinion of them before I order a pair. Your gonna have to give me a ride in that thing, dude.

Originally posted by MoreRiceThanCR:

FedEx brought me a present today... :D

http://flathat.woodstream.net/RX7/Nitto_NT-555RII/

K

Cool Kyle....I suggest them, you buy them.

My next suggestion is a 427 C5-R block w/ worked over C5-R heads, custom intake manifold, solid roller, backed by a T-56. Let's add a 250 shot of nitrous for good measure. I'll assume you'll get right on that. :D

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MoreRiceThanCR:

FedEx brought me a present today... :D

http://flathat.woodstream.net/RX7/Nitto_NT-555RII/

K

Cool Kyle....I suggest them, you buy them.

My next suggestion is a 427 C5-R block w/ worked over C5-R heads, custom intake manifold, solid roller, backed by a T-56. Let's add a 250 shot of nitrous for good measure. I'll assume you'll get right on that. :D </font>

Now thats a fricking plan!!! :eek::D

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

[qb] My next suggestion is a 427 C5-R block w/ worked over C5-R heads, custom intake manifold, solid roller, backed by a T-56. Let's add a 250 shot of nitrous for good measure. I'll assume you'll get right on that. :D

if it will fit in my engine bay, I'm down...otherwise I'll stick with my 89ci 13b w/race ported intake and exhaust, dual ball bearing, water cooled GT35/40, and too much electronics... smile.gif

K

if it will fit in my engine bay, I'm down...otherwise I'll stick with my 89ci 13b w/race ported intake and exhaust, dual ball bearing, water cooled GT35/40, and too much electronics... smile.gif

K

Yeah, it will fit. You saw the video posted of the LS1 powered FD in the common section, right? C5-R block and heads are the same outward size, so that would fit. Intake has to be custom because there is no production intake for the C5-R heads. Note that my above suggestion is not the most cost-feasible plan in the world, lol...acutally, far from it, but it would make some insane power N/A if done right (I'd bet 550-600 RWHP w/ a good solid roller, tuning, and properly ported heads and matching intake), then add a healthy shot of nitrous to that. All aluminum motor should keep the weight down a lot.

LS1? Psssh. :rolleyes: Come on Joe, LT1 with 32V heads, 1000 HP... gotta go high tech on this one. :D

Isn't the C5-R block iron? I know the LS1 block being aluminum would be a great weight advantage though.