Attn: Tomy (Tourqless)

98GSR

Guest onikus

We need it to run low resistance injectors (rc 550's) on a car meant to run ~11ohm high resistance injectors. Its basically a ballast resistor, that brings the ohms up, so the low impedence injectors will work with a car meant for high's.

Rob (on onikus's computer)

Guest onikus
Originally posted by fush:

Just make your own setup. 5 dollars in resistors and some shrink wrap tubing. If not just head down to the honda stealership and order one.

-jeff

Do you have a schematic, or know the correct resistors to use?

Originally posted by onikus:

We need it to run low resistance injectors (rc 550's) on a car meant to run ~11ohm high resistance injectors. Its basically a ballast resistor, that brings the ohms up, so the low impedence injectors will work with a car meant for high's.

Rob (on onikus's computer)

Could you have purchased injectors for the car that would be correct??? I don't know the whole scenario so I am not trying to judge the situation. But normally RC will sell you the injectors you are looking for.

Originally posted by torqueless:

Could you have purchased injectors for the car that would be correct??? I don't know the whole scenario so I am not trying to judge the situation. But normally RC will sell you the injectors you are looking for.

The largest saturated injector that RC makes is a 500cc injector (which is actually ford/chevy specific), to go larger you have to get a peak and hold (low impedance) injector. Dak's bought 550cc RC injectors. They are extreme overkill, but that's one spot where overkill is a good thing.

Originally posted by onikus:

Do you have a schematic, or know the correct resistors to use?

There is a yellow and black power wire that goes to each injector. We used 10watt 10ohm resistors inline on each of those wires soldered into place and then wrapped in heat shrink tubing. They shouldn't get very hot since they are can handle 10watts. No problems so far. You can pick them up for like 5 bucks at radio shack.

-jeff