Car Alarm Remote Start Help

Prodeje79

Hello,

I currently have a Clifford Matrix RS3 (III) installed on my Maxima. I am looking to make my remote start "safer" with my manual transmission. As it is now, my alarm does not make sure my car is out of gear before it starts. This alarm is made for autos only. The alarm only makes sure the ebrake is active.

Does anyone have any ideas and/or willing to help me setup something up?

I have heard of people using a Radio Shack home security door magnet switch to make sure the shifter is in neutral.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Guest mudbutt
TRC used to make something that would hook to the shifter and open the connection if the shifter was anywere but neutral. Im not sure if they make it anymore though

Guest BlackS14

You won't find much help on this problem because of liability issues with remote starters on manual tranny cars.

Consider yourself lucky that your current setup will even check to see that the ebrake is on.

If you start your car in gear, with the ebrake on and not giving it gas, how far will it go? It'll probably just lurch and stall (kicking in the restart feature on the auto start) this could go on three or four times until you run out there and shut it down. Sounds potentially dangerous to me.

Stick with what you have, and make sure that you don't park in gear. Guys with turbo timers have to do the same thing, it becomes habit after a few days.

Guest mudbutt
Ive done countless minutes of research to find that trc no longer makes the shifter sensor. Nobody else that I can find does either. If it is THAT big of an issue to you, Id be willing to make and install one. PM me for more info.