Opinions on Perma Cool fans wanted!

slow4now

I was wondering what everyone thinks about Perma-Cool electric fans, and more specifically the temperature probes that come with them. Are they reliable? Someone I know says that they are not reliable but I've read otherwise.Any input is appreciated. Thanks! smile.gif

Can't help you with Perma-Cool, but myself and two of my buds run the Flex-A-Lite Black Magic fan. It has the adjustable thermostat which adjust by turning a knob on the side of the fan, near the wiring harness.

None of us have had any issues with these fans. Once you get it adjusted to where you want the fan to kick on, you're golden.

I've had mine for two years, but have not put much time on it. One of my friends on the other hand, has driven to California and back, plus plenty of cruising for six or so years without a hitch.

Hope this helps some.

I'll say the Perma-Cool tranny cooler I put on my Blazer isn't exactly the best built unit in the world. I should spend the extra $5 and got the B&M unit. :(

And my Flex-a-lite fan (mechanical fan), decided to throw a blade last week on the same stupid Blazer....another brand I'm less than pleased with right now. :(

Not that either of these have anything to do with the price of tea in China. smile.gif