Honda steering SQUEAKS

Guest gaf_faulk

Guest gaf_faulk
Ok I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX. The steering squeaks everytime you turn the wheel. What the hell is it! There is nothing to lubricate that I can see. Is it a ball joint going out? Anyone?....

It would be impossible to tell without hearing the noise. A few of the many possiblities are:

Roll Coil (wiring coil to horn and airbag)

Steering linkage

Column Shroud

Steering wheel shroud

Your best bet is to just stop in a local Honda dealer and ask someone to listen to it without actually paying to have a "diagnostic" run. Just say you want to know if it is a safety issue.

Mike

Originally posted by gaf_faulk:

Ok I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX. The steering squeaks everytime you turn the wheel. What the hell is it! There is nothing to lubricate that I can see. Is it a ball joint going out? Anyone?....

I assume the car has more than 36,000 miles on it? If not, and the purchase date was fewer than 3 years ago that it would be covered under warranty. It's hard to say what the squeak is, most likely it's a balljoint. If you want stop into Hugh White Honda between the times of 7am and 2:30pm and I would be glad to take a look at it. Ask for Ricky.

Guest gaf_faulk
A BIG THANK YOU to bigbabyjesus for help on the Honda. It was the balljoints making the noise which bbj replaced for me. Thank you again. Now the Honda ;) can continue its job of keeping the SS in the garage!

You're welcome! I'm not sure if my boss told ya, but you don't have Honda Care...but we took care of the cost on the Upper Control Arm and Lower Ball Joint. Just be sure to bring your car to Hugh White for service. ;)