rim might be bent

99 TA

I think that one of my rims might be bent just a little. When I went to have my tires balanced you could barely see a slight bend in the inside lip of the rim. Well I think this is what is causing my vibration. Does anyone know where I can take the rim and have it fixed?

Originally posted by turbotrio:

There is a place in town called Wheel Medic that we use a lot at the shop. They do really good work and will repair/paint a wheel usually around $100. If you want ill get a # tomorrow.

That would be great. Thanks

Guest badmuthrfkr

Wheel Medic

600 Shoemaker Ave. Suite 4

Columbus, OH 43201

A slight bend shouldn't cause a vibration. I had one on my old Supra wheels. It could actually be the tire itself, either from a shifted belt or whatever. Howard's car is plagued with this problem, and it isn't the rims.

Originally posted by White Supra:

A slight bend shouldn't cause a vibration. I had one on my old Supra wheels. It could actually be the tire itself, either from a shifted belt or whatever. Howard's car is plagued with this problem, and it isn't the rims.

At first I thought that it was the tire. When I had it balanced the first time they said the cords were separating in the tire. I looked at it on the machine and you could see a slight flat spot. Well I then took it to Discount Tire for the warranty and they said it was the rim. Looked at the tire on the machine and I couldn't really see the spot anymore. Then we looked at the rim without the tire on and the inside lip looked like it was bent a little. So they put the tire on a couple of different ways and then balanced it like 5 times. Get it back on the car and the vibration is still there. Odd thing is that sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. It happens at all different speeds too. All I know is that I'm getting pissed and I want the vibration to go away. :mad:

that sounds like a bearing problem not a wheel tire problem I did a brake job the other day the guy had whacked a pot hole pretty good I beat the dent out of the wheel with a hammer and had it rebalanced still vibrated ended up having a bad wheel bearing something to look into

Well I got the rims and tires at the same time and they were both new. That's when the vibration started originally. I just assumed that the tire was out of balance. I'm just trying to figure out which one it is.

Guest powers
put your spare on. If it still does it you know to look elseware and also if it is the rim/tire. If the spare does not do it look at the bearing, and the rotor. On a rear drive that's about all you can check. My $0.02 I guess

Adam, easy way is to rotate your wheels front to rear. If the vibration moves, then it is the rim/tire you can blame. Or just toss on a different set of rims/tires (or even just one) and see if that makes a difference.

I somehow bent the outside lip of one of my rims on my Blazer (aftermarket rims) slightly, but it has never caused any vibration problems.

Sure it isn't a U-joint? Those will also cause vibrations.

i dunno how much rims cost but more than likely the better deal will be buying one off someoen taht has aftermarket wheels. what they did at discount was probably road force the tire. depending on the bend, like hua said it shouldn't vibrate but then again aren't TA tires 45 series? the smaller the series the more chance u'll feel it. what kind of tire is it? i know firestones are notorious for a SHITTY SHITTY road force. if u want to man bring it up to the polaris store and i can measure the rim runout and see what the dealio is, u can come out back and watch too.