Serpentine belt recommendations

zeitgeist57

if you want raped twice and left bleeding shop at the dealer for parts. if you only want it to hurt a little get a Gatorback from goodyear or a Polycog from dayco both of these brands are availiable at your local autoparts store. these brands are the ones supercharger guys go for when dealership belts start flying off you should have good luck with them.

Originally posted by Gas,Grass,or Ass:

if you want raped twice and left bleeding shop at the dealer for parts. if you only want it to hurt a little get a Gatorback from goodyear or a Polycog from dayco both of these brands are availiable at your local autoparts store. these brands are the ones supercharger guys go for when dealership belts start flying off you should have good luck with them.

LOL. "Dealership" belts won't go flying off. They were good enough for his car new, have served him well up to this point, and he should get something else? I've got Napa belts on the Nissan (because the Nissan belts aren't available over here) and they squeal like little piggies. They are about two months old! You have no idea how many cars I've seen where the customer complained of a noise, and it was a noisy aftermarket belt. The brands you recommended may work well, they may not. I know for a fact the Nissan/VW belts will. But what do I know. smile.gif

BBJ coming through in the clutch. Thanks, man!

Hey Dave, isn't A.J. still at Buckeye Nissan? I'll just go there seeing as how I'll need the silicone-free Nissan coolant for a flush-n-fill of my coolant system anyway.

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by Gas,Grass,or Ass:

We sold the Dayco belts. Had a lot of problems out of them, with the ribs not being free. They would be noisy and wear out early. They admitted there was a problem, then did nothing about it. Have only heard good about the Goodyear belts

Originally posted by zeitgeist57:

BBJ coming through in the clutch. Thanks, man!

Hey Dave, isn't A.J. still at Buckeye Nissan? I'll just go there seeing as how I'll need the silicone-free Nissan coolant for a flush-n-fill of my coolant system anyway.

Far as I know he still works there. tell him I said to give you a discount.

Originally posted by nurkvinny:

My $.02 - I have used Gatorback's on everything from the grocery getter to the race truck and have had nothing but great results.....

Nothing wrong with OEM, but these MIGHT save ya some green.

I have used and continue to use them with NO complaints about gatorbacks belts either.

I paid $34 for two Nissan belts...it's OK. For $10 more I'll take having belts that I won't have to worry about for another 40k miles.

Some guys on the Maxima forum claim that the belt only needs changing every 60k miles, but I didn't want to take the chance. I DID find out I have 80k mile coolant...another thing I won;t have to worry about smile.gif

Thanks! I'll get Gatorbacks for the Passat (ifm they make em) and for my pickup.