Painting my brake calapers

smokin5s

How do I get the paint to stick better? I scrubbed the calapers etc... but when I paint it, it's just like I waxed the car, the paint just beeds up. Problem is, I've put on like 4 coats, so one of the calapers is now red, but not red enough... looks kinda like a lady bug. How can I get this paint to stick?

did u use a high temp paint? doesn't help with the beeding up, but thought i would let u know.

i took a 4 inch anger grinder to mine to knock the shit off, then sprayed it with a high temp paint (clear) then sprayed silver over top of it after it dried. i never had any problems

i know my mazda rotors come with a sort of gelcoat type ordeal real glossy paint probably wouldn't stick well, can you see the bare iron on ur calipers if so i don't see why the paint wouldn't stick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thecrow1414
i just scrubed my calipers with an SOS pad then sprayed them with plasticoat brake caliper paint from walmart (6 coats) and they are still looking good, if u need ne help just pm me

Originally posted by Rayman:

Did you use primer???

no, you can't... have in mind... high temp calaper paint only.... when it dried... it became allot glossier and it looks fine now. Thanks for the replies!

Guest Silvrbmw1
Originally posted by 101 RWHP:

Try a brake parts cleaner, and a degreaser to make sure the surface is really clean.

Also, go to jegs and buy the VHT brake paint. Good stuff.

i'm agree w/ him! God bless brake clean!!