Removing rear window in pickup

zeitgeist57

After finally getting my truck running and idling on it's own (Thanx Dave! smile.gif ) I took a good overall assessment of the truck's condition. Not bad material for a good looking (not show winning) street truck/errand hauler. The only problem I see is the opening in the back of the cab for the rear window; underneath the rubber gasket surrounding the glass, there are several spots of rust, with a couple of corresponding spots on the interior.

1) Can this be fixed?

2) If so...HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE GLASS to fix the rust problem/paint/reinstall new rubber gasket?

Thanks! smile.gif

Guest mudbutt

1) yes

2) a hammer, duct tape, and some plastic sheets. You can even get colored plastic if you are feeling wild. An old Budwiser box works well too, but you may have to remove it after a good shower or 2. :cool:

should be able to just push it out from the inside. Reinstallation is a bit trickier. Put a thin piece of string inside the weatherstrip, and gradually pull it out to get the weatherstrip to jump over the lip on the inside of the truck so that it will seal right. If you would like some help, PM me. Or, my cell phone number should be in my away message on AIM.

AIM screenname = copperhead035