Reading a turbine map.

fush

I tried and tried to find info on this. The best thing to do is decide the compressor specs you want and have the place you order the turbo from suggest a housing and wheel. If you tell me the compressor wheel and housing and turbo family, I can give you a suggestion to get you in the right direction.

Joel

I'm looking at a gt35/40 and they actually have a gt35 turbine map posted so I was trying to determine what the data they gave actually way. The gt40 compressor is a 60-1 style housing with the gt wheel. I was looking at normal T series turbos but for the price I have come across for something of this nature it may be too good to pass up.

http://palpatine.infinitedata.net/~jweber/GT35turbine.jpg

How much power you looking to make? Im doing a ballistic myself. Im doing a gt30 .8something, believe .84 turbine. That compressor flows over 52 lbs/min which should be good for ~ 500. Since you are on a 2.8 with similar redline, the same turbo would work for you. If you are wanting over ~475, the 1.06 a/r might be a better idea.

I was just on the phone and the guy I was talking to recommended the .67 turbine, he said he has a program where he fills in the parameters and it tells him what turbine fits the specific goals but he wouldn't elaborate on what the program actually was. :(

I think I'm just gonna start with a 60-1 hi-fi with a normal t4 turbine housing since I can get one for around 600 bucks and then go from there. The gt series is about double that. I could spend that money else where like on good engine management.