99 Cobra Traction Control

Sully

I just bought a 99 Cobra. It's pretty freakin sweet. Unfortunately, I didn't get an owner's manual with the car. Anyway, I have a Traction Control button on the console. When I push the button, nothing happens. I don't get any indicators stating that traction control is on or off. If I'm not mistaken, if traction control is off, the word "OFF" on the button will light up. Does anyone know why this could be? Is the button bad? Do I need to have the car parked with the e-brake on or something or should I just be able to turn traction control off while going down the road? If the button is bad, will it be replaced under warranty? I did buy a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty with the car.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

dump the clutch and see if it works or not ;) you should easily be able to tell.... the car will feel like a dog since (if its working) the computer is pulling back timing (and fuel?).

If it does work, try the button to see if it turns it off (or conversely).

Like blupastu said it should just be on and off. Try his dumping clutch method and if that does not work maybe check the fuse. If that is not it, it might be something more complex like a part of the traction control system being bad.

I didn't even think of a fuse possibly being bad. I will check that first, then I will try the dumping the clutch thing and see what happens. Thanks for the help. I'll post an update either tonight or tomorrow.