...BIG PROBLEM...

KlubFoot

My friend has a 94 Integra RS and it is ideling at 2k... thats not the problem... it is spitting oil out of his exhaust and it is smoking like crazy. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? The only thing I knew of was a craked block.. is that a possibility? Please let me know of anything that it could be. Thanks.

Taran

Yes... the smoke does increase with RPM's. My friend hasnt even driven the car yet! He just bought it from some gay guy graemlins/gay.gif in Germantown who didnt seem like he would be driving it hard. If it was the rings, could anyone give me an estimate of how much that might cost? Thanks.

Taran

My 280Z USED to have the same problem, only not quite as bad. What did I do? 20W-50 and a can of Restore...No smoke and doesn't burn any oil :cool:

Oh, I wouldn't trust this for the longevity of the car, only temporary until you know what's up, but it's worked for me and a few other people I know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FixHondas
Check the oil level first. Too much oil can cause the exact same thing. Sometimes people dump way too much oil in the engine and it will smoke like a freight train.