16G Install....

20G TSi

Hey all,

I'm going to put this 16G in my 1995 TSi today. I'm not sure if anyone here graemlins/gives.gif but I'll try and take some pictures and comment on the overall install. I've got the typical broken exh mani studs, so this should be fun ;\

I guess i'll have frickin aol host the pics unless someone here is nice enough? :confused: ? :D

FINALLY got it done. I have a lot of pictures, but after i thought about it, its probably not worth posting since there's already a thousand 2G - 16G installs on the 'net. the only thing different was fab'in up a lower IC pipe for the MKIV IC.

Everything went fairly smooth... I just got back from a quick burn-in and DAMN does it feel doggy down low. I've heard the automatics have small cams, which affect spool up... guess its time for some 1G M/T cams. Then again, I didnt put tooo much load on it either.

So far as a 'kit' goes, I just needed the j-pipe and a '94 GSX oil line. About 90 bucks. Not soo bad.

Guest badmuthrfkr
Originally posted by Blupastu TSi:

So far as a 'kit' goes, I just needed the j-pipe and a '94 GSX oil line. About 90 bucks. Not soo bad.

I stand corrected then.

smile.gif

graemlins/gives.gif

Update... I got the boost controller dialed in. It spikes to about 17-18psi and drops back to 15. then creaps back to about 17 @ about 6500rpm. Its sweet, it'll spin through first and into second, hook, then spin again on the high end.

cool shit.

I think i'm going to post some pictures of the port job I did on the manifold 02 housing and exh housing.