squeak squeak squeak!

Guest turbolosity

Guest turbolosity

I've got a 6th gen accord ex 5spd that has been making a squeaking noise lately. It is definately coming from under the car, but I can't seem to pin point the location. Basically, this happens between 2500 RPM's through 4k in all 5 gears, although hardley noticeable in 5th. As soon as I hit 4k it completely stops. Also, it only happens when the accelerator is pushed about 1-2"'s down. If you hold it 1-2"'s down, it will start squeaking right around 2500 and do it continuously till I hit 4000. But if I punch it, or push the accelerator down further than 2"'s, I hear the squeak for just a short second and then it goes away.

It's a fast, "squeak squeak squeak" sound, rather than a continuous squeak.

Any ideas on what it could be? I haven't noticed any change in performance or anything, it's mostly just annoying me right now... :confused:

Pop the hood of the car and rev the engine until you can duplicate the noise. It could be a belt, it could be your A/C compressor clutch (if so equiped) it could be your disributor bearings (although they usually make a grinding noise.) you may be able to pinpoint where the noise is coming from yourself. If you can't get the noise to occurr when parked, it is something in your drivetrain. Later.

Yes the distibutor has bearings in it, and they go bad occasionally. Like you said it could be a tensioner pulley, it could be anything. He just has to figure out where in the engine bay it's coming from and that would greatly help narrow it down.