Supra engine swap question

Science Abuse

Friend of mine has 2 2nd gen supras, one turbo, one N/A. They both have 120K+ on'm. The N/A runs, and the turbo's wiring is fried. With the 2 cars, does he have enough to make one functional turbo car? I know many other cars with blown options have different motors, the only similarity being displacement, are supra's the same?

The second gen Supras only come with a NA motor. Are you sure he doesnt have two 3rd gens? The body style before the MKIV twin turbos? If he has a MKIII, the engines are different. You will need the intake mannifold, the injectors, the distributor, the ECU, the entire wiring harness(all of the wiring, including the dash wiring!), and he can keep the NA block and just use the head, but this will raise the compression (it will work however). I verified this with a friend of mine who is more knowledgable about it than I, and that is everything you will need to do. Later.

It is possible to get one turbo running. Either installing the exhaust manifold and stock ct26 turbo on the NA (7mge), or getting a new wiring harness on the turbo (7mgte), which will run you almost $400 new from toyota, maybe $100 used. The exhaust manifold on the NA car will created some tuning problems, and some custom piping, but is it possible, and I've seen it done. I've done a 7mgte swap, but no a NA->T conversion.