Attn Pit owners

NinjaNick

My insurance company today told me that they won't give you home or renters insurance if you own a pitbull! That is fucking LAME! State Farm said that.

Supposedly it's the law to have insurance on them and a few other dogs in Ohio. Who all has them insured? and with what company?

Some info here:

http://www.take2rescue.com/pit_insurance.asp

I see they lump the Presa and others in that category. I wouldn't mind owning a presa, but they require the highest level of training. And they are not stranger friendly at all...that's a good and bad thing. Anyways..put a dress on a bow on your Pit and take him to the warden. Maybe they'll think he/she is such a cutie pie that there's no way someone would be in danger. ;-)

Write the name of the breed differently when questions.

Instead of PIT BULL, use American Stafordshire Terrier. yes, I know they are a different breed, but 9 out of 10 people couldn't tell you the differences, and that includes Insurance agents.

We have Tibetan Mastiffs. When people hear the word MASTIFF, they all go into butt-pucker mode. So the insurance company hears, Tibetan Mountain Dog.

It might help with those kinds of issues.

Soooooooooooo.........you DO have insurance? With who? If so, do you have home/renters insurance? State Farm won't insure your home with a pit.

I say, just don't let them bite anyone.:slap:

Nope dont have insurance for them... It use to only be franklin county here in cbus. not sure if its required in my county or not, but either way I dont care. Im not getting it.

yes they are.

pit bulls are known to cause cold fronts and be the source of low pressure systems. combine this with atmospheric instability and wind shear, which are often caused by cats, and youve got yourself a tornado, buddy.