93 Blazer w/ aftermarket stuff, salavage title (Price HEAVILY REDUCED)

Nitrousbird

Well, the guy's insurance company that hit my Blazer totalled it. I bought it back, as the buy back was cheap. They were screwing me out of the aftermarket parts on the truck, so I had to do this to somehow keep my head above water on this crappy deal.

Info: 93 Chevy S-Blazer, 2 door, 2WD. A/C (needs charged and new evaporator), 195HP CPI 4.3L motor (NOT the low powered TBI motor), 4L60E tranny, 3.08 open rear. 127,526 on the clock. Most people that have ridden it this truck have commented on it being quicker than they thought it would be.

Aftermarket parts:

- American Eagle 203 Rims, 16x7, with 235/60/16 tires (including tire warranties from Discount Tire and lifetime balancing)

- Belltech 3" front drop springs, 3" rear drop blocks

- Edelbrock Headers and Y-pipe

- Dynomax Cat-back

- U-haul Class 2 hitch w/ wiring harness

- Autogage Mini oil/volt/water gauge cluster (garbage)

- Energy Suspension Swaybar Bushings

- Tinted Windows

In the past year, I've also done (all new items): a full tune up, alternator, front lower and upper balljoints, tie rod ends (innter and outer), swaybar endlinks, ignition control module, fuel pump, new (not turned) front rotors/pads, wheel bearings, driver's door handle, driver's window regulator, water pump. The transmission was rebuilt about 2 years ago by a guy who does the race tranny's for a buddy's Mopars. Fully rebuilt w/ upgraded clutches (so I'm told) w/ rebuilt torque converter.

This truck was my daily driver. As you'll see in the pics, it was hit in the rear, and push me into the vehicle in front of it. The tranny started to leak after I was hit, otherwise the truck would have been driveable. Motor starts every time, good battery, as I said, I drove it every day. I've already pulled the head unit out, but the speakers (something aftermarket) will stay.

Pictures

The truck now has a salvage title because of this accident since it was totalled out.

EDIT: NEW PRICE: $500 firm. Nick GT was going to buy it, but seems to have lost interest. He was able to get the front end straightened out. He and my roomate took a look at the tranny, and believe it is nothing more than the pan gasket leaking. He was going to fix it and drive it. What it needs to become a driver again:

- 2 new hoses for the tranny cooler; about $5

- New headlight baskets/headlights

- New radiator for an auto

- Tranny pan gasket (at least I've been told this, and Nick was set of that being the problem)

- Rear bumper; not sure if the tailgate can be salvaged or not.

- New taillights and wiring harnesses.

After all of that, it could be inspected and be setup as a rebuilt title. Regardless, I want this thing out of here. I don't have the time to mess with it, and just want it gone.

Just post here, PM, or e-mail me at nitrousbird@team.camaroz28.com

http://www.cofba.org/users/nitrousbird/Wrecked%20Blazer/Passenger%20Side.jpg

[ 05. July 2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Nitrousbird ]

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

High Risk: Your PM box is full....and the offer you made I could get just for the rims/tires, so I'll have to pass. smile.gif

I sent that after just reading the first three paragraphs. Haha.

What all broke from the accident?

Alright, I'll set a price: $900.

I came to that price because I can sell the parts that are fairly easy to remove AND would still allow the truck to be towed away (well, I'd have to get a set of junk rims/tires, but that's easy) for that amount of money.

BTW, the truck DOES move under it's own power. I had to move it from where it was hit in the road to the side of the road, and it moved just fine....I didn't know I wasn't going to be able to drive it home until we saw the tranny leaking.

Even if you don't want to fix it, I'm sure you could part this truck out and make $1500+ on it fairly easily. All of the glass is good, running motor, tranny is probably only something minor, good rear end, fresh front suspension, etc. People on an S-series board would eat that up. But I need the money ASAP, and don't have time to be parting it. :(

Originally posted by 17 Inches Of Pain:

how is the condition of the engine?

interested in that.

Engine is pretty decent.

As with pretty much all older 4.3L's, the valve seals leak a bit, so she smokes a bit on startup. They don't leak bad, though, because I go 3k miles between oil changes and the oil level doesn't go down a noticable amount between changes.

The starter might be on its way out. About once a week it would freewheel the first time I tried cranking it. Crank again and it would fire right up.

She idles a bit rough. Plugs/wires, cap, rotor, ignition control module, and coil are all new. The idle isn't terriable, but isn't smooth. She drives smoothly and has full power up to redline. The CPI motors are known to have the fuel injection units die on them, or the regulators. My guess is it needs a new regulartor and nut kit, which isn't too expensive. It's done this for a while now and never got any worse, so I haven't messed with it.

Otherwise, it needs a new knock sensor and wiring clip for that. Easy junk-yard item to get for next to nothing.

That's it otherwise. Brand new fan clutch and waterpump were recently installed. She runs strong and gets decent mileage. As you can see I'm being up front about every problem this thing possibly has.....I'm not going to lie and say this was some perfect truck before the accident.....it wasn't, lol. But I put a good chunk of change into it this past year, and has been running strong for some time now.

Originally posted by GAS,GRASS,OR,ASS:

where does the trans leak from did the rear seal tear or is the case cracked??

I'm not sure, the weather has been crappy on my days off work, so I haven't taken the time to jack her up and find out.

Originally posted by 17 Inches Of Pain:

so how much just for the engine?

PM me if needed.

I have no clue how much it is worth; I'll have to do some research. I know in crate for it costs around 2k, but of course this motor isn't worth anything close to that.

• 3 months later...