Playing burned movies on PS2 w/ out mod chip....help

Nitrousbird

I want to play burned movies on my PS2. I have no interest in forking over the money for a mod chip.

So far, the only thing I've found on the net that is supposed to work is this:

http://www.ps2reality.mirrorz.com/

I've followed everything step-by-step, burned in both 8x and even 4x (slowest Nero allows me to burn).

But every time, I insert the disc, and get the PS2's "please insert a PS1 or PS2 disc." Damn it. Burning on Memorex 700mb CD-R's, was only a 200meg AVI.

Hey boys and girls....not everyone has a DVD burner. :(

I only have a CD burner, and I refuse to buy a DVD burner until the dual layer discs come down in price and some of the problems w/ dual layer burning are worked out.

So any solutions for those of us without DVD burners?

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Hey boys and girls....not everyone has a DVD burner. :(

I only have a CD burner, and I refuse to buy a DVD burner until the dual layer discs come down in price and some of the problems w/ dual layer burning are worked out.

So any solutions for those of us without DVD burners?

+1

I have no interest in owning an X-box. I don't play video games that much; I only got the PS2 because there were a couple games I love to play on it. I'm just not a big gamer anymore.

I'll eventually buy a dual-layer burner; perhaps put it on the Xmas list. smile.gif