Surgery

Ambrosia

Guest Elinar Longsight

Wow, I believe Anthony was making a joke hence the smiley. I don't know why you would think he was making a cheap shot through you or even at Dave.

But on to your question....I have heard that having your tonsils taken out isn't very painful, but each person is different.

Guest stvbreal

Don't sweat it. I have had freinds get it done and it's not as bad as you think. Now, when you get your kidney removed and a rib cut out then come talk to me. That hurt like hell. :D

I still need to get my tonsils taken out. One has swollen and is blocking half of my thoat. :( Been like that for about 15 years now. tongue.gif

It is nothing to bad to get that done. They put you out and you wake up and it is all done. May cough up some ashes but that is from when they burnt them out. Don't eat solid food for a while. So hope you like mashed potatos. Instant ones a good since they only take a little to make and they arn't lumpy.

surgery shit I scrape that sand out by the ton and sell it for beach replinishment that what makes me sucuh a fiesty bastard. Hey Sarah chill out. this is like an old school thread where everyone talked some shit and no one got mad.

PS hey ant send your ho by with the shop vac she missed a spot last week smile.gif

THE BUICK CAN NEVAR LOSE

Guest infamous me 235

I had ACL reconstructive surgery in February. I wasn't allowed to eat after midnight and had to be at the hosital at 6 a.m. (surgery was at 8 a.m.) They put me out and then gave me a shot in my leg to numb it. I asked for every medicine possible so I wouldn't get sick from the anesthesia. I was on antibiotics and perkocet for about a week. So, I'm sure getting your tonsils out is nothing like that though. smile.gif It's a pretty common surgery and I'm sure you'll be fine. You'll get to eat a lot of ice cream. Good luck with it!

-Jen (Cody's g/f)

Originally posted by StockV6:

Dont feel bad, I just had my face sewn back together sat night/sunday morning smile.gif

And you still don't know what caused you to have your face sew back together...dumbass :D

Guest Ranger_Man

having your tonsils out is not all that bad, but expect to be out for a little under a week or so.

before you go have the surgery done go to the store and buy the following:

flavorice

ice cream

pastini - this is a little tiny pasta that is shaped like stars and is what i lived off of when i had my tonsils out. i highly recommend having it with just a little bit of butter.

bourbon - this will not only sterilize your mouth, but also make you feel better. jim beam will work fine. just take one shot before bed and you will sleep much better.

Originally posted by EvilEvo:

I still need to get my tonsils taken out. One has swollen and is blocking half of my thoat. :( Been like that for about 15 years now. tongue.gif

I've got the same problem. :( It doesn't quite take up half, but close. I had a problem w/ it getting infected, and I get sore throats a lot. I'll probably have to have them removed in the next few years. I've heard the older you get, the worse it is.