This goes for everyone.

Guest Ranger_Man

Guest Ranger_Man

If I see any of you posting anything about any football team sucking in a post that deals nothing with football, I will be recommending you for a vacation. This of course does not apply to the kitchen. Feel free to belittle each other as much as you want in there.

I am glad to see that you people stand behind your team, but the people who like other teams deserve respect as well, and i will be god damned if I let you certain people continue to disrespect other members. It does not matter how dumb, or annoying the people who like the other team can be.

An example of what I mean can be seen here:

http://www.columbusracing.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001356;p=1#000007

I am just using that as an example. This goes for OSU fans, Michigan fans, Fair weather fans, i do not care who you root for.

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by mesteno:

It's not really a football thing, it's a geoff ting.

cry a little more about it.

i dont give a shit what its about. i have also seen it done to more people than geoff too. so shut your fat ogre mouth and show some respect once in a while.

Originally posted by Beer Guy:

i dont give a shit what its about. i have also seen it done to more people than geoff too. so shut your fat ogre mouth and show some respect once in a while.

whine whine whine whinewhine whine whine. sob. cry cry cry cry.

It's a message board, don't take it so seriously.

Originally posted by Republicant:

Is it really like it's preventing any sort of intelligent conversation? I havent seen it an any tech threads or serious discussions. He has a Michigan flag in his avatar on a columbus car forum.

right, the tech section, there should be a problem with that, i agree.

Guest Ranger_Man

whine whine whine whinewhine whine whine. sob. cry cry cry cry.

It's a message board, don't take it so seriously.

note the gavel in my title. its my job to take it seriously.

im not saying dont do it ever. im just saying keep it out of threads it does not belong in. is it really that hard to understand?

and if you dont like it, you can leave. i am merely enforcing the rules:

http://www.columbusracing.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=001464

i am merely enforcing the rules

THen what is the moderators job? THink of it like real life. THe moderators are the cops. They enforce the rules. You do not. You are a judge. When the moderators see something wrong they come to you and you decide on a punishment. The moderators have the power to clean up the threads and they do not. THat tells me they don't have a problem with it.

I don't care either way. I'm just playing devils advocate.

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by Doug:

THen what is the moderators job? THink of it like real life. THe moderators are the cops. They enforce the rules. You do not. You are a judge. When the moderators see something wrong they come to you and you decide on a punishment. The moderators have the power to clean up the threads and they do not. THat tells me they don't have a problem with it.

I don't care either way. I'm just playing devils advocate.

by being a judge i can recommend punishments. a judge also needs to help enforce the rules, which im doing. i honestly do not care if the mods have a problem with it because what matters is that i do.

when the board came back up after being down for that week anthony made it perfectly clear that the board was to be for ALL car enthusiasts. yes that even means michigan fans.

note the gavel in my title. its my job to take it seriously.

im not saying dont do it ever. im just saying keep it out of threads it does not belong in. is it really that hard to understand?

and if you dont like it, you can leave. i am merely enforcing the rules:

http://www.columbusracing.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=001464

Which rule was it again?

- No personal threats. Only threats here are by you.

- No post whoring to increase your post count. no post count tallied for general section.

- No bad behavior at meet spots. This means no burnouts, revving, loud stereos or leaving trash. no

- No bashing of mods or admins for doing their jobs. explained below.

- No bashing of CR policies or events. Suggestions should be constructive, not insulting.

this one maybe, but, No. you are trying to make policy right now only because "If I see any of you posting anything about any football team sucking in a post that deals nothing with football, I will be recommending you for a vacation."

You are taking this upon yourself, not by an overwelming amount of people asking you to do something. As somone chosen to represent others you are right, you should take your job seriously. Seriously enough to not use your power and threaten people when it is You who are annoyed.

- No leghumping or harassing of female members. no

- No off topic posts. Keep posts relevant to their section.

this one? is there a difference between A flame, and just poking fun? I would like to think so, Really how hard is it to ignore a "(put team here) SUCKS!" post and move on with the conversation. if no one replys to it then the person feels like a tool, if people do reply, the attention whores get the attention they want.

- Read and follow the rules for the section you are posting in. I didn't see any rules for this section that would be against this as well.

Really, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill, it's not an epidemic bringing CR to the Brink of oblivion. It's just people being stupid.

If posts like that need deleted in the tech, suggestions, event sections i agree.

but to ban somone because the posted "fuck michigan" in a thread geoff posted in you would have to ban anyone who said "marks gay" or if somone said something off topic about me being an ogre, eric the viking or any off topic personal reference, because it's not about football, it's a personal reference to that person, and many well known members have these things. To get rid of one you have to enforce them all.

Note, i'm trying to be constructive. smile.gif

by being a judge i can recommend punishments. a judge also needs to help enforce the rules, which im doing. i honestly do not care if the mods have a problem with it because what matters is that i do.

that to me sounds like being just a judge is boring so now you want to do the moderators job too.

You don't see judges pulling people over do you?

this is my last post on the subject

Guest Ranger_Man

Which rule was it again?

No off topic posts. Keep posts relevant to their section.

No bashing of mods or admins for doing their jobs.

and

No post whoring to increase your post count.

in a thread that is about a kill, anything football does not belong.

also, i never said the vacation would be permanent. i also never said it would actually happen, just that i would recommend it.

doug: i dont want the mods jobs. im just doing mine as i see fit. if i were a judge IRL (not indy racing league) i would phone people in to cops that i knew if they were doing something bad. thats what im doing here.

It's just people being stupid.
stupid people annoy the shit out of me and I can only take so much of it before i do something. judging by some of the posts above, it looks like im not the only one tired of it.

No off topic posts. Keep posts relevant to their section.

No bashing of mods or admins for doing their jobs.

and

No post whoring to increase your post count.

in a thread that is about a kill, anything football does not belong.

also, i never said the vacation would be permanent. i also never said it would actually happen, just that i would recommend it.

doug: i dont want the mods jobs. im just doing mine as i see fit. if i were a judge IRL (not indy racing league) i would phone people in to cops that i knew if they were doing something bad. thats what im doing here.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> It's just people being stupid.

stupid people annoy the shit out of me and I can only take so much of it before i do something. judging by some of the posts above, it looks like im not the only one tired of it. </font>Bro you are overstepping your authority, this should have been taken care of in senior members or with commity members, not a personal crusade.

"One major responsibility of being on the SMC is that you will have the say in who gets permission to access this section once they reach 500 posts, of the automotive-related, non-post whoring type. If we want them in here, you be the judge.

Another responsibility of the SMC will to be a buffer between SMs and Admins/Mods. If you feel unjustified in something, or have a complaint, the SMC will review it and bring it to our attention on major issues. This allows us Admins/Mods to focus more on running CR and the SMC to handle minor problems that may be resolved by the thoughfulness of eight SMs who you feel will represent you well."

As a committee member (again i wish this were posted in senior members insteadof publicly) you are supposed to act in OUR best best intrest.

"stupid people annoy the shit out of me and I can only take so much of it before i do something."

Welcome to CR, everyone says stupid shit now and then the people at the top will admit it. You in your possition should not act unless people have already complained about something, not take it upon yourself "as you see fit"

We respond to complaints from members. There have been multiple complaints about this subject. End of story. You all have been notified by the SMC, AND a moderator. Keep the off topic shit out of other peoples posts. Let me know if I haven't been clear enough.

Guest Ranger_Man

Welcome to CR, everyone says stupid shit now and then the people at the top will admit it. You in your possition should not act unless people have already complained about something, not take it upon yourself "as you see fit"

see eli's post. and just because i wasnt working for your benefit, it doesnt mean i was working for my own.

Bro you are overstepping your authority

Overstepping his autority? Look, man, the Senior Members Committee was designed as a secondary form of moderation. The number of moderators we currently have can't always be watching everything on the board. We are supposed to catch what mods may not and if we can take care of it ourselves, then so be it. If it gets out of hand, we send it to the mods. That's all Aaron is doing. If there is no point to your post, don't post. The exception to this rule is a thread regarding videos of some sort, in which case "holy shit" and "lmao", etc. are perfectly fine. Just keep your posts related to the topic. Period.

Hint:

Aaron has the backing of the Moderators..

Theres a limit to anything. Especially people gaying up every other thread with "xx sucks" "people who like xxx suck".

Its just not appropriate and amazingly childlike.

This makes 2 Moderators & 2 SMC Members now issuing the warning.

Take Heed..

The SMC was put into place to serve the membership of CR, as representatives of the group as a whole. They are the buffer between the CR member and the Admin/Mod group.

What they are doing is fine, and welcomed. They are the ones that police everything and notify us of problems or potential problems brought forth by members.

In this case, the OSU vs UM arguments have been seen as a problem and asked to be limited, and this is meant by not corrupting every topic with a jab at either team. Yes, we all enjoy it, but it can also ake some otherwise normal topics and turn them into a pissing match.

That being said, we should be supporting the SMC, not pissing and moaning about them. Take heed in what they say, they're here for you.

Originally posted by Cranked:

The SMC was put into place to serve the membership of CR, as representatives of the group as a whole. They are the buffer between the CR member and the Admin/Mod group.

What they are doing is fine, and welcomed. They are the ones that police everything and notify us of problems or potential problems brought forth by members.

In this case, the OSU vs UM arguments have been seen as a problem and asked to be limited, and this is meant by not corrupting every topic with a jab at either team. Yes, we all enjoy it, but it can also ake some otherwise normal topics and turn them into a pissing match.

That being said, we should be supporting the SMC, not pissing and moaning about them. Take heed in what they say, they're here for you.

That's fine, then the action should be taken by the SMC as a whole, and semi professionally, not presented as one person with a gavel by thier name's threatening opinion.

Note in the first post, there is NO mention of "we" "smc" "complaints", ect that would suggest that it's something that the group feels.

Instead It's just "I" "I" "I" "I"

Remember it was this type of overly nit picking and the people above the regular members are NEVER wrong Bullshit that started everything to suck the first time.

IMO, the SMC should be communicating with members not standing over them with the bully stick.