Kerry Concedes Victory to Bush

Ziggy1647545504

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tony:

Kerry was the result of the Dem's having no reasonably good candidate this year. They ran the entire race on "he's not Bush".

Sooner or later, Obama will be their man.

When Obama does run it will be interesting to see the out come. And I do feel he will be a candidate in time.

Originally posted by Obsequy Empire:

graemlins/thumb.gif Bush

Woot woot! Bin Laden's over there going 'oh shit, now I gotta keep running!!' Kerry probably would've conspired with him just like the Vietnamese if he had won. graemlins/lol.gif

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Arnold can't run for president. He's not a natively born citizen.

No the constitution shouldn't be changed so he could.

It's the prophecy of the Demolition Man. The next step is to change the constitution............

And if Arnold could run, you can be damn well sure I'd make it out to vote for him. "Don't be an economic girly man."

Tina,

For what it's worth,

- the number of provisional ballots is more realistically around 175,000. Bush's lead is 136,000.

- a high percentage of them are expected to be fraudulent (In IL and IN, fewer than 20% of provisional ballots were valid; in OH the expected number is around 50%)

- the provisional ballots are from all over Ohio, not NE Ohio, which is the only way Kerry stands a chance.

- Even if all the provisional ballots were valid, Kerry would need roughly 77% of them in his favor.

You take any one of these, and you see it's not going to happen. Kerry *conceded* - he accepted defeat. He, his attorneys, and the entire democratic party realize they don't stand a chance, and are choosing to accept defeat graciously rather than make asses out of themselves.

New Mexico and Iowa don't even matter now.

Yep.

Originally posted by Razorback:

Woot woot! Bin Laden's over there going 'oh shit, now I gotta keep running!!'

Doubting it. He's saying "Sweet, that guy pisses EVERYBODY off, I'll be getting tons of new recruits becuse of this". Bin Laden thrives on peoples hatred of the US, and bush makes people hate the USA. OBL has gotten away so far because Bush took his focus off alquida, so whatever OBL is doing is working.

The only gripe I have (other then bush still being in charge) is the issues that people seemed to vote on. Casting a vote bsed on "morals", what the hell does that have to do with anything? Clinton was as imoral as they come (no pun intended), but we did better under 8 years of him then under 16 years of the last republican presidents. ;)

Uber Conservitives now control the US government. Bringing with them the antiquainted ideals of the 50s, and likely the per'capita income of the 50s too. tongue.gif

Originally posted by SpaceGhost:

Hillary will run and win the Democratic nominee in 2008 I am betting. This was his only chance. God help us in 2008........

Even if that is the case. I cannot see this country electing her. We have come along way but I just don't see a female president happening right yet. And I'm sure the democrats will do polls and find the same to be true.

Even if the American public is willing to elect a woman, the real issue is how leaders of other nations will respect or fail to respect her. Most of the world cultures are more male-dominated than ours, and there are a fair number of nations whose population and leaders would probably not respect her authority, unfortunately.

Even if the American public is willing to elect a woman, the real issue is how leaders of other nations will respect or fail to respect her. Most of the world cultures are more male-dominated than ours, and there are a fair number of nations whose population and leaders would probably not respect her authority, unfortunately.

Yeah remember all those ****** assholes? They really hate woman too!

Edited out the ethnic slur. Jeff, you should know better. graemlins/nonono.gif

[ 03. November 2004, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Elinar Longsight ]

Kerry could've easily won this election. It was his for the taking and he didn't reach out and seize the opportunity.

Kerry never defined who he was to the voters. People don't like uncertainty, which is why I believe you saw the over whelming majority of people vote for Bush.

In order to be successful, Kerry needed to sit down with broadcasters like Bill O'Reilly (just hear me out)and do the long, personal interview.

You can't just do the Daily Show and the Tonight Show and think that'll be enough. It's like preaching to the choir.

The O'Reilly Factor is the #1 rated news show. You may not like what Bill has to say, or agree with where he stands, but you've got to figure, alot of undecided and independant voters watch that show.

If Kerry would've done the Factor and various other shows on MSNBC, CNN, etc... and really defined who he was as a person, what his beliefs were, how he got that way, etc, this election would've gone his way.

The reason Kerry didn't define who he was is because he doesn't seem to know or at least he doesn't have a stance on anything if something else comes up he switches sides. It must be because he's the french looking candidate:)

Evan

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by Mowgli:

You know, politics aside - I'd pay real money to be watching Michael Moore's face right about now.

<font color ="midnightblue"> it would be priceless, wouldn't it? I'll bet he shit a brick. Guess all his lies didn't make as much of a difference as he'd thought they would.

I think that it would be somewhat of an issue, but not reflect any of the issues the canadites woudl discuss.......

I'm interested to see what happens in 4 more years.........but I'm willing to wait

As far as John Kerry conceding.........I think that he made a good choice, and I respect him that much more for doing it.

Speaking of divisions, the divisions in this country are cultural and have been slowly deepening since the 1960s. Bush did not create them; he just vocally appealed to one side. This election was not about the war and the economy as much as it was about this country's cultural divide.

The majority of people who hate Bush hate him because of the values he stands up for.

The majority of people who voted for Bush did so because of the values he stands up for.