Skydiving Head Count-June 29th

exSRAaron

I think they are hitting Green County.

Strapped to your wrist? I don't think I've seen someone do that on a jump. It's been a long while though.

Well I have one of these (see link below.... and I could wrap the recorder and battery pack around my stomach with an ACE bandage and then run the pen camera down my sleeve and then just duct tape the camera to my wrist. That way I could get some footage from my jumps without paying a videographer and also have the ability to move my wrist around to aim the camera and still not have any cables to blow around in the wind. I think it would work pretty well if you had it on your wrist facing down. Just a slight rotation of the wrist and you could video yourself under canopy and it would already be in the right location during freefall to see the ground. Obviously strap it to your left wrist so it doesnt get in the way when you go grab the ball to throw out the chute

bulletrecordersystem_01__-01.jpg

Here are some better pics to give you an idea of the size of the recorder and pen cam.

[ATTACH]390[/ATTACH]

And by my drivers license for some size comparison.. This is the what I used for my vids from Mid ohio last time.. the non youtube versions are even better quality.

[ATTACH]391[/ATTACH]

On the thumb side of your wrist facing the ground while in a standard skydive position? Wonder how much the mind would make it shake or flop a bit with it attached there.

yeah exactly where I was thinking. obviously I would mold some styrofoam behind it so that the pen cam is flat in the foam and the foam is then contoured to the shape of the wrist.. that way it should hold pretty well and you could get more duct tape on it. Hell they may not even let me do it as they could consider it a risk.. Oh well. I already have vids of a few of my jumps and I cant go on this one anyway.

I am going to take it flying with me the next time I go up and have some fun with it. (Flying myself that is.. not commercial flying. )

Yeah they probably would consider it risk. Would be interesting to see how it works out though.

Make it float?

I assume you mean in the plane.. Yeah I could do that but I rather do that with peoples keys in their hands.. having to grab it before it slams the dash as Im pulling out of a dive isnt worth it to me. I will just tape it to the dash or to the ceiling to get a nice front cockpit view while "playing around" :) Of course there is only so much you can do before pushing the limits of a non-aerobatic rated airplane.

If I could find an aerobatics plane for rent, I would love to take it up and get some footage. No one will rent a citabria or decathalon without going up dual. Understandable of course.

I assume you mean in the plane.. Yeah I could do that but I rather do that with peoples keys in their hands.. having to grab it before it slams the dash as Im pulling out of a dive isnt worth it to me. I will just tape it to the dash or to the ceiling to get a nice front cockpit view while "playing around" :) Of course there is only so much you can do before pushing the limits of a non-aerobatic rated airplane.

If I could find an aerobatics plane for rent, I would love to take it up and get some footage. No one will rent a citabria or decathalon without going up dual. Understandable of course.

That sound sounds like a crap load o' fun.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I have never done sky diving before and was actually planning on going to Lebannon last weekend (http://www.startskydiving.com/) but could not find anyone who wanted to learn Accelerated Free Fall. Any thoughts on this place? Where do you guys go?

Thanks.

I think we're going to skydiveohio in Xenia..ur more than welcome to come! great condition to meet a few of us too.

Aaron

I had looked up the one in Xenia. But to learn there you have to do Tandems. I figured I want the training and I want to jump on my own. Any recommendations?

Not sure which other DZs are close to you. Skydive Richmond might be a bit far for you but they offer Static Line, Tandem and AFF training. That's where I did my AFF training (didn't finish). http://skydiverichmond.com/index.php?the_section=getting_started not sure if their Waynesville location is really open or not.

It should be $165. Xenia, OH SkyDive Ohio. They said the spot for a group would be around 1pm. But i emailed them back, hoping to push it back alittle so we can all still play Flagfoot and have enough time to make it down there. Weather permitting of course.

Aaron